Since we've been looking at the 2009 Calendar

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by Moose, Aug 29, 2013.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Since we looked for our 2009 International Croton Society Calendars, take a look at April 2009.

Anyone ever seen this croton before other than there. Anyone ever hear of Indian Headress? I don't believe it is listed in the Wiki :confused:

2. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Here is another that I have only seen in a picture on the 2012 Calendar. I really want this one. Anyone growing The Pearl? Looks to be a interrupted leaf type.
    IMG_2578.jpg IMG_2579.jpg

3. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

Never seen either of deez plants, wonder if their still in someones hands......

4. JoseLopez

JoseLopez Well-Known Member

121.jpg Jeff, I have a plant that is similar to Pearl. The plant i have is young and slow growing. The mother of this plant has whiter leaves and more cream color and some interruptions.

5. Jerry Shilling

Jerry Shilling Well-Known Member

Ron, I have some info on "Indian Headdress" & some others, "Danny Boy", Shirley Temple etc. See my thread,"The Croton Lady from Bundaberg".

6. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

Jose -
    I have one very similar to yours that I've been calling Emilie. Posted some pics of it a year ago or so and no one could ID it. Will take some pics later today and post. I got it from someone somewhere so there's a few more around.

Lee is he best one to ask about the calendar pics, but he's been maintaining a low profile recently.

7. Native son

Native son Well-Known Member

Good morning troops, if you have the 2007 Calendar Nita and J.R. Renfroe's Hybrids you can answer a couple of questions maybe. The J.R. Renfroe could spark some Q&A. If nothing else we pay a little respect to them, I think J.R. has passed, they did some really nice work.

Attached Files:

8. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

Some pics of Emilie - note red central vein in some and not others; sometimes it interupts, sometimes not... hey, it's a croton

Attached Files:

9. keith

keith Active Member

The Pearl is gone. It was a Renfroe hybrid, but she over fertilized and it died.

10. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

:(

11. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

Hmmm, a shame that she had the only plant.

12. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Having never seen Indian Headress except the one photo on the calendar, curious if this could be it? :confused:

Attached Files:

13. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

So, since the Renfroes didn't share their plants and The Pearl is gone, to our knowledge, should the entry in the wiki be deleted? Sad. Looked like a beautiful plant.:(

14. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

The Pearl calendar photo is great for the wiki, and should be there for history purpose. IMO- The other two photos in the wiki do not look to be the real pearl and should not be there. What do others think?

15. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Esteemed Member

Agreed Scott,Jose plant is certainly different.It is shame there are people out there that do not share,it is actually quite silly as any plant can die at any time??it looked to be a great plant.

16. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

I'm happy to do it. Thanks for the correction. We need to keep the wiki as good of a resource as we can, so please always tell me when there's something to correct.:D Maybe it was wishful thinking on my part and I was wondering that after Keith's comment last night:rolleyes:. Done.