Since we've been looking at the 2009 Calendar

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
Since we looked for our 2009 International Croton Society Calendars, take a look at April 2009.

Anyone ever seen this croton before other than there. Anyone ever hear of Indian Headress? I don't believe it is listed in the Wiki :confused:

Here is another that I have only seen in a picture on the 2012 Calendar. I really want this one. Anyone growing The Pearl? Looks to be a interrupted leaf type.
IMG_2578.jpgIMG_2579.jpg

121.jpg Jeff, I have a plant that is similar to Pearl. The plant i have is young and slow growing. The mother of this plant has whiter leaves and more cream color and some interruptions.

Here is another that I have only seen in a picture on the 2012 Calendar. I really want this one. Anyone growing The Pearl? Looks to be a interrupted leaf type.

Since we looked for our 2009 International Croton Society Calendars, take a look at April 2009.

Anyone ever seen this croton before other than there. Anyone ever hear of Indian Headress? I don't believe it is listed in the Wiki :confused:

Ron, I have some info on "Indian Headdress" & some others, "Danny Boy", Shirley Temple etc. See my thread,"The Croton Lady from Bundaberg".

Jose -
I have one very similar to yours that I've been calling Emilie. Posted some pics of it a year ago or so and no one could ID it. Will take some pics later today and post. I got it from someone somewhere so there's a few more around.

Lee is he best one to ask about the calendar pics, but he's been maintaining a low profile recently.

Good morning troops, if you have the 2007 Calendar Nita and J.R. Renfroe's Hybrids you can answer a couple of questions maybe. The J.R. Renfroe could spark some Q&A. If nothing else we pay a little respect to them, I think J.R. has passed, they did some really nice work.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    167.7 KB · Views: 50
Some pics of Emilie - note red central vein in some and not others; sometimes it interupts, sometimes not... hey, it's a croton

Attachments

• DSCN4568.jpg
    DSCN4568.jpg
    287.2 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCN4569.jpg
    DSCN4569.jpg
    200.5 KB · Views: 62
  • DSCN4570.jpg
    DSCN4570.jpg
    228.6 KB · Views: 76
  • DSCN4572.jpg
    DSCN4572.jpg
    163.2 KB · Views: 58
  • DSCN4573.jpg
    DSCN4573.jpg
    325 KB · Views: 73
  • DSCN4574.jpg
    DSCN4574.jpg
    335.3 KB · Views: 54
The Pearl is gone. It was a Renfroe hybrid, but she over fertilized and it died.

Having never seen Indian Headress except the one photo on the calendar, curious if this could be it? :confused:

Attachments

• IH 1.JPG
    IH 1.JPG
    217.5 KB · Views: 53
  • IH 2.JPG
    IH 2.JPG
    186 KB · Views: 57
  • IH 3.JPG
    IH 3.JPG
    219.5 KB · Views: 60
  • IH 4.JPG
    IH 4.JPG
    192.9 KB · Views: 64
  • IH 5.JPG
    IH 5.JPG
    194.6 KB · Views: 58
The Pearl calendar photo is great for the wiki, and should be there for history purpose. IMO- The other two photos in the wiki do not look to be the real pearl and should not be there. What do others think?

Agreed Scott,Jose plant is certainly different.It is shame there are people out there that do not share,it is actually quite silly as any plant can die at any time??it looked to be a great plant.

The Pearl calendar photo is great for the wiki, and should be there for history purpose. IMO- The other two photos in the wiki do not look to be the real pearl and should not be there. What do others think?

I'm happy to do it. Thanks for the correction. We need to keep the wiki as good of a resource as we can, so please always tell me when there's something to correct.:D Maybe it was wishful thinking on my part and I was wondering that after Keith's comment last night:rolleyes:. Done.