Show me your Stoplight. Or hardiest known Crotons.

Stan

17/04/14
Now,or after a freeze.
I almost ordered a trio...but the price for those 4" potted plants with shipping was far too much. I might order one...but I will never live long enough to see that be a shrub. Maybe.
Mrs Iceton is another..and the Fiddle leafed that used to be so commonly sold? Is rare as Petra and Mammy make 98% of crotons sold in California.

image.jpg
Stoplight 7:00 est Ft Lauderdale
image.jpg
. The yellow and green plant is called Caution Light.

Stewartii is pretty cold hardy also Norma.I will post a pic of my Norma in a minute.My Stewartii is too small to photo

I am at a similar latitude to L.A. but much more humid and wet...the fastest and easiest crotons for me are Captain Kidd and Gold dust - even in shade.

Got home. What do you know about "Curly Boy"..is it Stoplight like? Hardier then most? I also bought a Petra. They are so great looking. I might over winter in some makeshift greenhouse. It wont die after 2 years this time.

Attachments

• IMG_8764.JPG
    IMG_8764.JPG
    374.7 KB · Views: 224
Thanks Phil. Its already had to face cool rains (67f) and looks perky. It has some stoplight vibe to it. Crotons are great and my gut feeling is as the bay area has grown..Crotons can be done - in pots at least.