Scherbertii

Discussion in 'CORDYLINE CORNER - THE TI PLANT' started by ScotTi, Dec 6, 2015.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Scherbertii is one of the must have Cordylines if you like the large ones. Scherbertii has 30" x 5.5" leaves held on 5" leaf stems. Plant performs well here in Fl in full afternoon sun conditions.
    pizap.com14494127313991.jpg pizap.com14494131435841.jpg pizap.com14494128444631.jpg pizap.com14494129197021.jpg

2. junglegal

junglegal Esteemed Member

I'm glad you mentioned full sun. The one I got from you is starting to send up new plants. In spring I will move some into a sunny spot

3. Dypsisdean

Dypsisdean Administrator Staff Member

Scott, have you ever trimmed yours? I don't trim my plants much - preferring to have them tall and branch on their own. But this plant has never branched for me, and it now about 20 ft. tall with the top leaves starting to get smaller. I think it's time for a trim.

4. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Dean, I have never trimmed it in the 5 or 6 years that I have had it. The tips of the new leaves are 6' from soil level. The plant has a lean to it now and needs to get a trim back. I will wait for the trim back on this one until the 5 shoots that appeared this summer get some height. I will maintain this one in the long haul as a single stem to show its majestic beauty.