1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

Sabal uresana

Discussion in 'PALM TREES - WHERE TROPICAL STARTS' started by ScotTi, Mar 3, 2009.

1. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Here is a picture of my 5 yr old S. uresana. The blue coloration is becoming more prominent. As you can see by the picture two plants are growing side by side, I will more than likely cut out the smaller of the two palms.

Attached Files:

2. Dypsisdean

Dypsisdean Administrator Staff Member

People don't plant enough of those. Along with S. mauritiiformis, those two are my favorites. While very slow as juveniles, they eventually speed up.

3. FRITO

FRITO Member

Scott thats great growth and a great palm, I recently germinated some seeds and had about 10% come up albino, hopeing maybe some get some chlorophyll and turn variegated, anyone else experience this with S. uresana?

4. palmnerd

palmnerd Well-Known Member

I've got some three gallon uresana they have tolerated the florida weather better than the pumos. I think pumos prefers a more montane climate. I am going to plant both of these out none the less. It's good to see Scott's doing well in the ground after a few years. I was also recently gifted nearly thirty mauritiiformis seedlings from a neighbor. They are awesome. -Justin

5. Alicehunter2000

Alicehunter2000 Member

Very nice coloration on that Scott, I wonder who sells these with a little bit of size in Florida?

6. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

I have never seen them for sale around here, so I raised them from seed. They have been very slow growers so far.

7. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

I've been growing these for a couple of years now, and I'm just amazed on how silver/blue they are as a small, 1 gallon size plant. They really do have great color for such a small palm.