1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

Rudy Bachmann

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by Borgy230, Nov 23, 2010.

Please Help Support Our Generous Sponsors

1. Borgy230

Borgy230 Active Member

Was at Jeff's nursery yesterday afternoon, had to snap a pic with the phone of this Rudy Bachmann, look at that color! damn its amazing!

Attached Files:

2. fawnridge

fawnridge Well-Known Member

One of the best Crotons for color, but they do get very leggy, even at a small size. These are three different views of leaves from the same plant; around four feet tall overall. Midday to afternoon sun.

Attached Files:

3. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

This is one of my top ten choices, or favorite crotons. It has a great color pattern and large leaves. My original cuttings actually came from the old Rudy Bachman house in North Miami over 10 years ago.

4. fawnridge

fawnridge Well-Known Member

Mine came from David McLean, at the same time, who also got his at the Bachman house. We're you two on a field trip together?

5. junglegal

junglegal Esteemed Member

Jeff,
    I bought a large one from you last sale. I decided to plant it out. It was a large and had outgrown the 3 gal. A good wind would topple it daily. So far so good. One of my faves too. I hope a mild winter will help it along. I'll post a pic tomorrow.

6. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

Ricky, no field trip with David. Somebody else took me there. I remember it kind of being neat there, knowing this was the old house of Rudy Bachman and all the history that went with it. Rudy B., Ralph D., Richard K., Frank B. and John B,....... that was one hell of a group back then.