Rocio?

fawnridge

04/07/09
If yes, then add these to the wiki, please. If not, what is it?

Attachments

• P1010005.jpg
    P1010005.jpg
    213.5 KB · Views: 114
  • P1010006.jpg
    P1010006.jpg
    235.8 KB · Views: 96
  • P1010007.jpg
    P1010007.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 93
I think this is the one that John Bender called Excalibur. Rocio is the name that nurseries in Central America use in sending up liners.

Bump...Any other input? Neither name is featured in our WIKI yet.
Ricky, I believe I have the same plant. Also picked up at a box store.

Well, there's no Excalibur in the book and no Rocio either. If you want to put it into the wiki, I've been telling people it's the American Thai and that I call it "Bang-a-Gong".

I'm not sure about the Excalibur name, so if anyone can add some information or history, please jump in. I do know this is a croton that's been in the trade for a few years now and is called Rocio. Not sure on where this name originated from either.
Jeff

Here is my young plant that needs more sun. I am thinking they are the same. It was mis-labeled petra like most of the box store plants.

Attachments

• thai1.jpg
    thai1.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 75
  • thai.jpg
    thai.jpg
    143.8 KB · Views: 90
Agreed.
And if a plant is known in the trade as 'Rocio' and the name is widely used, then I think it has to recognized as such until, as you said, someone can prove otherwise...
And then 'Rocio' can be listed as a synonym.

How about one of you guys take a shot at adding them? I posted the tutorial in the sticky.
Jim Glock even learned to upload today to the Krakatoa page. I double dog dare ya :p

Change away if you want. Me personally, I don't care. Whatever the masses prefer. Would larger thumbnails slow down the page load?

Looks like the sport I removed from my Mammie (Mammy) last summer.

Attachments

• 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    240.5 KB · Views: 83
Off topic here but, The book list the spelling as Mammie, but it is in our WIKI as Mammy. What name is the original spelling? I say we need to go with the book in the WIKI as Mammie, also known as Mammy.

Wondering. Does this appear to be the same croton. I've had it for years and is most attractive in the garden. Chris

Attachments

• P1080216a.jpg
    P1080216a.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 81
  • P1080218a.jpg
    P1080218a.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 88
Guess I should have read the entire post before posting pics. Where is the option for downloading to the wiki anyway?