1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

Relatively common but sexy as hell

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by Crazy for Crotons, Sep 2, 2009.

Please Help Support Our Generous Sponsors

1. Crazy for Crotons

Crazy for Crotons Well-Known Member

General MacArthur
    [​IMG]

2. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

Ray,

Your right, it's an old, common croton, but when these look good, they are really nice! Some of mine are looking equally as nice with color.

Jeff

3. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

Ray -

Concur with Jeff - a splendid plant when well grown and one that really demonstates the genetic drift within the variety. No two leaves look the same, but together they shout Gen Mac.

4. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Common amongst collectors but still not out there enough in my opinion. Don't see them in the big box stores. Nor do you find General MacArthur in nurseries unless they specialize in crotons. You find some nurseries with 10-20 varieties, generally grown for landscaping. General MacArthur is usually not one of them.

To me, General MacArthur and the Tortoise Shell have sparked many an interest towards the use of crotons in the garden. "oh those are lovely, hey those are actually crotons? The don't look like the crotons my Grandparents were growing back in the day".

Just my opinion ... but hey what does a moose know? :confused: