Rain,rain and more rain makes plants forget the calender.

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by Bullwinkle, Oct 31, 2011.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Esteemed Member

My plants have exploded with new growth over the past 10 days(11 ins of rain).I put some airlayers on October 1 and took them of this weekend.They had larger rootballs than my summer layers!!Also cuttings that I took 4 weeks are flushing new shoots.I hope we do not have an early cold event as my new growth will be toast.

2. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Michael, My plants have also exploded with new growth in the last week. I just hope the new growth hardens off before our cold arrives in mid Dec. I took the day off from work to get the garden mulched for winter, but it is raining. Oh well.

3. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Esteemed Member

Scott ,I did not know that you had a big rain event up there also.I am glad that Tampa got some rain also.I am tempted to try one more set of layers today for removal at monthend.I hate to see my little rooterpots sitting around unused :)

4. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Not a really big rain event, .75 recorded by my weather station. The palms received a good feeding yesterday so this rain is going to help.

Attached Files:

5. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

I don't know about forgetting the calendar? :rolleyes: October typically on average gives 6" of rain in South Florida. This October seemed to be a wet one for Palm Beach, Broward and Miami-Dade Counties. :p

Are there any tallies of percipitation for these areas? :confused: