#$%^&*!! Raccoons

Phil Stager

Esteemed Member
04/07/09
The local raccoon was busy last night looking for tasty grubs or something under a recently planted Flamingo.

Attachments

• DSCN3174.jpg
    DSCN3174.jpg
    358.2 KB · Views: 160
  • DSCN3175.jpg
    DSCN3175.jpg
    326.9 KB · Views: 175
  • DSCN3176.jpg
    DSCN3176.jpg
    287.9 KB · Views: 176
No Raccoon problem hear. Just squirrel and moose. :p

... Boris & Natasha

There is a ferral chicken that has visited a few times looking for tasty morsels in the mulch. As soon as the chicken becomes a bigger problem, he will be relocated to a "chicken rescue" facility. :rolleyes:

No Raccoon problem hear. Just squirrel and moose. :p

... Boris & Natasha

There is a ferral chicken that has visited a few times looking for tasty morsels in the mulch. As soon as the chicken becomes a bigger problem, he will be relocated to a "chicken rescue" facility. :rolleyes:

Problem with chicken has elevated. It scratched all the mulch from around my Ceratozamia robusta last night. I realize that this is his nature but his days may be numbered. :p

Moose, build a coop and capture them. I have 4 chickens and I love the fresh eggs and chicken crap for the garden. Another bonus is they eat almost any leftovers from the fridge!

Sorry Bren - my AeAe Banana gets all the leftovers as compost. This was a feral bird and could not be trapped. With the large amount of cats in the neighborhood, this was one savvy criter. Very rarely observed in the daytime. If I were to raise fowl, it would be Peacocks. However, they scream too much.

Scott - no extra crispy. I am an old school traditionalist, Original Recipe with 11 herbs and spices. :)

Moose, build a coop and capture them. I have 4 chickens and I love the fresh eggs and chicken crap for the garden. Another bonus is they eat almost any leftovers from the fridge!

Attachments

• chicken-cartoon.gif
    chicken-cartoon.gif
    18.3 KB · Views: 190
Now school me on feral chickens because they have poor eye sight and look for higher ground as soon as the sun sets. Mine do not free range. I know they would kill my gardens in a week and torture my 2 cats that work for me.
Peacocks are LOUD and crap, destroy mirriors on cars. They are feral here too. In mating season, they try to mate with people's cars and it never ends well. I think chickens are smarter then them. Chickens are work horses, peacocks all beauty. Kind of like people lol

This particular chicken roosted during the daytime, yes it roosted up in a tree that was surrounded by heavy brush. Usually I only caught glimpses of it at sunrise and sunset. My mulch always was rearranged at night, evidence that this chicken was a night time forager.

My dogs were tortured (inside dogs) detecting this chicken scampering through "their yard" at night. :mad:

The chicken's misfortune was that I was my knowledge as to his roosting spot. :rolleyes:

Bren - sounds like Peacocks mimic the behavior many (ex)U.S. Congressmen. ;)

Attachments

• eating-chicken.jpg
    eating-chicken.jpg
    96.3 KB · Views: 153
  • Vampire%20Chicken%20Cartoons.jpg
    Vampire%20Chicken%20Cartoons.jpg
    62.2 KB · Views: 166
  • BAWK.JPG
    BAWK.JPG
    12.5 KB · Views: 178
  • reality_tv_for_chickens-12075.jpg
    reality_tv_for_chickens-12075.jpg