Quickly moving up the Favorites List !

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
The name is Coppinger's Hybrid. The source plant came from Tim Anderson. Was this one of Tim's hybrids that he named Coppinger's Hybrid or is it an orginal Henry Coppinger Hybrid that Tim has saved. I'm kinda foggy on the details, perhaps Marie or Chris would know. :confused:

Attachments

• Coppinger's Hybrid 1.JPG
    Coppinger's Hybrid 1.JPG
    416 KB · Views: 77
  • Coppinger's Hybrid 2.JPG
    Coppinger's Hybrid 2.JPG
    429.3 KB · Views: 67
  • Coppinger's Hybrid 3.JPG
    Coppinger's Hybrid 3.JPG
    444.5 KB · Views: 73
Ron, I'll add to the confusion w/ the information I have.

Tim Anderson calls this one Mr. Little because he was the source of Tim's plant.

Keith said that it's a Coppinger hybrid.

Now the latest _ Johnny Shelton said last month that this is Cutler's Gulfstream, a name I had heard but never had a croton to put with the name.

Looks like one I have from Jeff called "One in the Head". The same???

Randy - I would have to say I do not think they are the same. You plant has one leaf that I can see with the elongated leaf tip. Your other leaves show various characteristics. One in the Head is probably a distict cultivar than Coppinger's Hybrid. The elongated leaf tip is a very consistent feature of this croton. I've seen Chris' plant and his looks just like mine. This is a pretty robust grower. How is the growth rate on One in the Head? :)

Marie - you may be adding confusion but also valuable information. We may eventually sort out the original name or maybe not ... LOL :D

I loved this cultivar since the day it caught my eye ! :cool:

They are the same plant to me.I have seen both up close and I would be shocked if One in the Head is not Coppingers Hybrid.

Pictures is one thing. Seeing and touching a plant personally is more definitive. It does look very much like One in the Head. Could possibly be the same cultivar ... :confused: