1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

Question to All

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by Jeff Searle, Jul 19, 2011.

Please Help Support Our Generous Sponsors

1. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

Today I was trimming up some Red Quill cuttings that I just brought back from Judy and Jim Glock's this weekend. I noticed on a a fairly long flower spike on one cutting( that had already dropped all of it's flowers ), at the tip three shoots of new growth. Now I've trimmed thousands of cuttings in my day, but I have never seen new vegatative growth coming from the tip of a flower spike. Has anyone else seen this before? Or am I going crazy and seeing things?
    Jeff

2. Jerry Shilling

Jerry Shilling Well-Known Member

Hi Jeff - See thread started by Phil Stager " Leaves on Inflorescence" 7.26.2009
    See you Wed.
    Jerry

3. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

Jerry - you beat me to the reply and savd me the trouble of looking up the old post. Unfortunately, the plant in the pic died over the winter.

4. palmisland

palmisland Well-Known Member

If it was from their Keys collection, anything is possible.

Randy

5. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Judy using croton steroids ? Do you add Superthrive from time to time in your fertigation program? ;) It does some funky things to orchids if overused.

Of course Jeff took a picture before trimming, can you post ? :confused: