Posting photos

Your last post was not very nice. I don't think you would appreciate such comments directed at you. :(

Lets post comments with courtesy in mind please!!! :)

Are you making a Mountain out of a Mole hill? or are you referring to the harmless "Tip of the day" which in fact is aimed at nobody.

Im laughing like crazy because i see this name thing has got heated, and you seem to take the Tip of the day way way way to serious.

Anyways this topic for me is over I made my point and speak for lot of other people who choose not to get involved in this topic.

Maybe :) But if the Croton Society agrees on a name what about the rest of the world?

The rest of the world should join the Croton Society. :)

You have to admit that Crotons present a particularly difficult set of circumstances to work out. And just because The Croton Society "suggests" a given name, that doesn't mean the problems are solved. But it would, over time and with increased participation, carry some weight - or at least a point of reference.

For example - "Hey, that looks a lot like the plant The Croton Society has decided to call "XYZ." Let's check out the photos and the discussion."

Other similar and difficult plant groups like roses and orchids have managed to find some order to their respective groups. But Ti Plants still suffer from the same "free for all." So without some structure or recognized point of reference for a starting point, it will remain so.

Books are nice, but present no flexibility for corrections or disagreement and discussion. Some structured method online would IMO prove very useful. Not easy - but useful.

The rest of the world should join the Croton Society. :)

You have to admit that Crotons present a particularly difficult set of circumstances to work out. And just because The Croton Society "suggests" a given name, that doesn't mean the problems are solved. But it would, over time and with increased participation, carry some weight - or at least a point of reference.

For example - "Hey, that looks a lot like the plant The Croton Society has decided to call "XYZ." Let's check out the photos and the discussion."

Other similar and difficult plant groups like roses and orchids have managed to find some order to their respective groups. But Ti Plants still suffer from the same "free for all." So without some structure or recognized point of reference for a starting point, it will remain so.

Books are nice, but present no flexibility for corrections or disagreement and discussion. Some structured method online would IMO prove very useful. Not easy - but useful.

Thank You Dean! Now if we can stop the Croton Society bashing that keeps showing up in some-ones posts. Maybe they are trying to make the Society look bad. As a member of the Society I find the remarks offensive.

Are you making a Mountain out of a Mole hill? or are you referring to the harmless "Tip of the day" which in fact is aimed at nobody.

Im laughing like crazy because i see this name thing has got heated, and you seem to take the Tip of the day way way way to serious.

Anyways this topic for me is over I made my point and speak for lot of other people who choose not to get involved in this topic.

I must be existing in reality that you are unfamiliar with. Your "Tips of the day" are both seditious and tactless. Interestingly the continued demonstrated "illusions of grandeur" on your behalf are a text book Freudian pscho-sexual intervallic developmental condition.

Sir, you have become Persona non grata to me. :mad:

Mr. "Guru" your facts are not actually based on anything. Your claiming that a name in a book is correct because its in a book has no basis. Especially since we all know this book has numerous erros.
And your knowledge of patents is very poor. You seem to have no understanding about a patent at all, and clearly think that just because some patented the name, thats it and the the discussionis over. As Jeff stated in another thread, a patent on a plant simply means that no one else can sell that plant under the same name without paying Royalty fees, not that they cant legally call it another name. And as Phil Stager stated, if it was in another country, you also have to see if that patent is recognized by the USA.

Now I want to bring up another idea. A seedling is obviously a hybrid, as anything in life created from a seed is a hybrid of its parents. What about sports? I guess those are Mutants? since they do not come from two parents. So we should call sports "un-named Mutants"???? Now the debate is which are mutants and which are hybrids.

Wow Mr. "Guru" your head is likely to explode by the end of the day.

And I agree with others, this board is in conjunction with the Croton Society. If you dont like it and want to bash it, then leave, or start giving some useful information instead of your far off idealogy.

Just one last thing and I am done with this thread. Not sure if you mean the "lack of schooling is no excuse" is for yourself or if your trying to direct it at me; because even at my young age, I already have years more schooling than you do and that is clearly visible by even your writing skills, trying to read your threads is like reading someone's writing who has learned english for a few months.

Mr. "Guru" your facts are not actually based on anything. Your claiming that a name in a book is correct because its in a book has no basis. Especially since we all know this book has numerous erros.
And your knowledge of patents is very poor. You seem to have no understanding about a patent at all, and clearly think that just because some patented the name, thats it and the the discussionis over. As Jeff stated in another thread, a patent on a plant simply means that no one else can sell that plant under the same name without paying Royalty fees, not that they cant legally call it another name. And as Phil Stager stated, if it was in another country, you also have to see if that patent is recognized by the USA.

Now I want to bring up another idea. A seedling is obviously a hybrid, as anything in life created from a seed is a hybrid of its parents. What about sports? I guess those are Mutants? since they do not come from two parents. So we should call sports "un-named Mutants"???? Now the debate is which are mutants and which are hybrids.

Wow Mr. "Guru" your head is likely to explode by the end of the day.

And I agree with others, this board is in conjunction with the Croton Society. If you dont like it and want to bash it, then leave, or start giving some useful information instead of your far off idealogy.

No No, Your not grasping the magnitude of whats being said. I said without Proof only someones name How can it be legit? Im sure you visited many nurserys and saw many different names on Crotons. Have to ask yourself are you right or the Nursery you visited?
Im only offering ideas to fix whats broke, some rather not fix it because there Girl Friend or Wifes name looks good on a Croton. Well I say, what about the rest of the World (No Reference). If you want a garden full of incorrect names than so be it, Its your garden.
In franks book it also mentions Crotons named in other countries, Are they wrong also? Being you question a Patent (Legit name) of a sport discovered by someone outside of USA.

Ok last time Legit is the following, Patent, Book, Catalogue, ETC. if thats unexceptable than I dont know what to tell you.
Its a no win Debate, Made up names is not gonna work. Find a way to make it legit is all im saying.