Plant ID, possible croton?

Discussion in 'COMPANION PLANTS - TROPICAL & SUBTROPICAL' started by James_Guam, Jan 14, 2014.

1. James_Guam

James_Guam Member

I've recently acquired a plant and I'm unsure as to what it is. I'm hoping it's a croton but if not I'm curious to see what it is! Thank you in advance!

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

2. kwtimo

kwtimo Well-Known Member

James, it is definitely a croton. I couldn't tell you what cultivar, however. Have fun with it.

3. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

James, I agree its a Croton and it looks sorta like Piecrust. Check out the photos of Piecrust in the Croton Wiki here on Palmpedia. You may also want to post the photos in the Croton Society forum (will get more exposure) also located here on Palmpedia. Scott

4. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

The exerts have spoken! And I agree with Scott that id does look like Piecrust, just the colors look bleached out from too much sun and or in need of fertilizer.

Jeff

5. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

I agree - looks like Piecrust (Mortimer) to me as well. Piecrust does tolerate a fair amount of sun exposure. Some fertilizer suitable for containers is probably needed.

6. James_Guam

James_Guam Member

Thank you all,

I thought it may be based on how the leaves are attached to the stems, but it has a leaf type I've not run across before. Thank you all again for the help!

-James