1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

Pics for Winston

Discussion in 'BIG LEAF TROPICALS' started by Dypsisdean, Apr 24, 2008.

1. Dypsisdean

Dypsisdean Administrator Staff Member

Hey Winston,
    I took these pics today not knowing you would be requesting a pic of a yellow Spath. Sorry, but I didn't get a pic of the whole tree. I'm including a couple of other trees I saw around town today to round it out.

Attached Files:

Moose likes this.
  2. ariscott

ariscott Active Member

What cassia are they, Dean?

Regards, Ari :)

3. kaowinston

kaowinston Member

Thanks a lot, Dean. The flowers are absolutely gorgeous. And thanks for the Cassias. I am quietly learning about this group after encountering quite a few on my recent visit to Trinidad. I will make a guess that the first cassia could be C. grandis, but the white one I have no idea. Keep us informed about the IDs.
    Winston

4. Ken Greby

Ken Greby Guest

The Cassias pictured are both Rainbow Shower (Cassia x nealii). There are several different color forms. I think the white one is called 'Queens Hospital White'.

5. kaowinston

kaowinston Member

Thanks Ken. I am curious. Do you grow a lot of these in Florida? I don't remember seeing any of this variety of cassias there, although I have come across lots of the other yellow ones, and loads of tabebuias.
    Winston

6. Dypsisdean

I'm glad someone else answered Ari's question. As I mentioned in another post, I am dumbfounded by all the different Legumosas, and have only recently been paying more attention.
    Here's a couple more photos of those trees. They are just the trees they planted in the supermarket parking lot.
    I thought I would throw in one more unrelated pic of a nice Brugmansia that happened to be right there. :D

Attached Files:

7. kaowinston

kaowinston Member

Wow! Keep them coming Dean. All this is an education for me. I wonder what will hapen if I attempt to grow these in the UK.
    Winston

8. Dypsisdean

Winston,
    I think you are out of luck. From my knowledge, these won't even make it in So. California. Maybe Peter will be able to let us know for sure.

9. ariscott

ariscott Active Member

Rainbow showers are hard to get here... I wonder how easy it is to do my own hybrids? It will be a few years before my Cassia javanica flowers but... worth considering.

Regards, Ari :)

10. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Very nice !

11. Dypsisdean

The Moose is doing the Bump.:mooseman The new MooseBump emoticon

12. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Add it on palm talk if you dare

13. Dypsisdean

I knew you were going to ask. :)

Can you imagine the requests for personalized emoticons if I did?