Palm/Plant Art T-Shirts & Merchandise (Online Store)

Dypsisdean

Administrator
Staff member
28/09/07
Check out the Grand Opening of a new online store featuring rare species (Palms, Aroids, Ti Plants, Crotons, Flowers, etc) printed in high quality on T-shirts and other apparel (31 colors - men, women, and kids), drinkware, etc. Easy shopping, ordering, and shipping (International). Here's a few samples. Come take a look around.
PlantPrints.net

Attachments

• SS01.jpg
    SS01.jpg
    537.2 KB · Views: 267
  • SS10a.jpg
    SS10a.jpg
    583.7 KB · Views: 267
  • SS22.jpg
    SS22.jpg
    268.7 KB · Views: 262
  • SS26.jpg
    SS26.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 260
Whoah!!!!!!!! That's a great idea DeanO. Neat site! The graphics are really good. Is Angela your art director? I guess they can do digital prints (as opposed to screenprints) on shirts now so you can just make one shirt at a reasonable cost. Great news! I'm ordering one now. I'll be the first on the block!!!!!!! Love the Ficus dammaropsis but how can you pass up Licuala mattensis 'mapu'? Great artwork guys!

Len,

Check your PMs. I already sent you a very special offer - cuz your such a very special web host.

And yes, I will do requests. At least for a while in hopes of getting this "off the ground." Any design you see, I can put on any product easily - or mix and match front/back - and of course in any color (but you can do that already). There are womens shirts, sweatshirts, etc. as well. But I was waiting to see what designs were popular before offering those. But yes, I can even put special test on for your organization if you like.

How 'bout a WebIntellects Licuala mapu??? :)

How are you getting the art? I mean do you take pictures? How does it work? What if someone has a special palm in their garden they want on a shirt?

You want all my trade secrets, do you?????

I can talk to you more about it on the phone. There are some techniques that would need to be followed that may be difficult for you. But if you wanted, a cycad would be much easier. If you want to try, we can give it a go.

A large palm will be really hard, but I have a few ideas I'll be trying over here first. But also, it's difficult to find specimens that don't have brown tipping, or a few holes from bugs, or old scraggly fronds. :)

If you know anyone who is an illustrator, who would like their plant art on a Tee-Shirt, let me know. Any high resolution graphic can be used with a little tweaking.

Dean,

This is great! Can you print the design on the back instead of the front? I don't need any more attention on the front!

And how about a scoop neck tee for women? Or a button front shirt?

Justin,

Browse around the store. There are many designs on the back. And if you check the women's (under Palms) you will see the many women's styles.

In addition, check the "Organization" category. There you will see some designs incorporated into a Society design. Get your local palm/plant society interested - I'll be glad to make their Merchandise available - with a design from the store, or one of their own.

No button ups - but long sleeve, sweartshirts, tank tops, etc.

For anyone interested, there are some new designs. Including some for the PSSC. And there is a 15% discount offered on everything until the first of the year with the use of the coupon code "mine09"

OK, so I have ordered a long sleeve. Process was easy. I will be wearing it at the PSSC banquet. So look out!

I got my shirts today. Check them out! The quality is nice. They're just like a regular screenprinted t shirt. How they get all those multiple colors in there at this low cost is beyond me....and I'm a sign guy.

Attachments

• shirt- 006.jpg
    shirt- 006.jpg
    137 KB · Views: 213
  • shirt- 003.jpg
    shirt- 003.jpg
    168.2 KB · Views: 226
  • shirt- 001.jpg
    shirt- 001.jpg
    223.5 KB · Views: 225
Matty,

Here's an example of what I was trying to tell you in my last email. Compare the colors in these pics with yours. Click on that last one for a side by side.

Attachments

• shirt-001.jpg
    shirt-001.jpg
    380.4 KB · Views: 217
  • shirt-003.jpg
    shirt-003.jpg
    303 KB · Views: 214
  • shirt-006.jpg
    shirt-006.jpg
    330.8 KB · Views: 209
  • Picture 5.jpg
    Picture 5.jpg
    145.9 KB · Views: 242
Matty, go ahead and experiment.

Upload a photo out of your camera as you normally do.

Then put that same photo in Photoshop, go to "Edit," then "Convert to Profile" (not Assign Profile), and pick "LCD Color," then save that file.

Upload that, and look at the diff. It's not your camera - it's not outputting a photo that is meant to be viewed with a Browser. Looks decent on your computer at home with most viewers, but when viewed with a Browser (via the web), it needs a correct Color Profile to "translate" it correctly. But that same Color Profile will not work for a printer.

Hmmmm,

It's working for me, but I've been doing a lot of changes. You may have just tried during my "messing around."

But hang on. There's a major special that started today. 25% OFF everything, until Feb 17 with a coupon code. I'll have it all up in a few hours.

Thanks for the info Kim. I didn't read the fine print myself. There is a $25-$27 minimum, depending on what is ordered. It's hard to explain the nuances, but the software will tell you.

If you want to play it safe, just order a lot, and you'll be OK. :)

BTW - I originally had the sale ending the 19th, when in fact it's the 17th. Sorry for any confusion.