Overtrimmed

Discussion in 'PALM TREES - WHERE TROPICAL STARTS' started by ScotTi, Aug 28, 2009.

1. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Here is a shot of what remains of my neighbors two Queen Palms after he did a little over trimming. When I got home from work I was shocked by what I saw. At first glance I thought they were replaced by Royals, as he had trimmed the old leaf bases off and it almost looked like a crownshaft on them. After one day the tops just broke off ( notice it laying on the ground by the palm on the right). He has hope that they will make a comeback.

Attached Files:

2. Dypsisdean

Dypsisdean Administrator Staff Member

Won't they just branch out from there??? :D

3. palmnerd

palmnerd Well-Known Member

That spindle palm in the photo looks like it has a great future as well. Lets hope the guy dosen't get into dog grooming.

4. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

I am not going to knock him on the spindle as it was completely defoliated from the frosts/freeze of last winter. I think the S.roms may have a chance to make a comeback.

5. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

I think they are going to make it. The palm on the left now shows green leaflets out of the top. The one on the right is forming a point now.

6. Dypsisdean

They may make it, but that has to be a sure way to slow down growth. :)

7. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

You want ugly? Here's an apartment complex that had their palms 'trimmed' here in St. Pete. I may be able to find some more in my file of horror shows.

Phil

Attached Files:

8. Dypsisdean

Reminds me of the barbers at boot camp.

9. Dave from So-Cal

Dave from So-Cal Well-Known Member

YIKE!

A bit overzealous, isn't he?

As long as the terminal bud isn't totally destroyed, they'll come back, like the crew arranging deck chairs on the Titanic . . . .