Orchid Lovers Beware

ScotTi

Esteemed Member
16/04/08
Here they are again! Just in time for Spring. "Blue Mystique" is a white phalaenopsis and is a result of a patented process that infuses a white orchid with a special medium. Keep your money, unless you do not care that future flowers will be white.

Attachments

• 18726z.jpg
    18726z.jpg
    99.1 KB · Views: 216
  • Blue-Mystique2.jpg
    Blue-Mystique2.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 234
I have to admit that they sure caught my eye when I first saw them at Home Depot.

Scott - glad you brought this up.
Dean - they caught my eye as well.

Heard that they drench roots with a blue die that transfers to the flowers. Makes a nice gift, however most people end up killing their Phals they get as a gift. For those nuture them, they get a white flower on the next bloom.

Here they are again! Just in time for Spring. "Blue Mystique" is a white phalaenopsis and is a result of a patented process that infuses a white orchid with a special medium. Keep your money, unless you do not care that future flowers will be white.

Scott if you look close at the bottom of the stem you can see where the inject dye into stem and cover with a small dab of wax to seal. seems every one in the orchid world want's a blue or black orchids. If you can't grow it fake it