Orange Mona Lisa

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by kwtimo, Apr 27, 2014.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. kwtimo

kwtimo Well-Known Member

I happily purchased this beauty from Marie last year, and it really has come on in the last few months. I am looking forward to seeing this one grow out. I put in the pic of Mona Lisa for comparison. CAM00411.jpg CAM00412.jpg CAM00414.jpg CAM00417.jpg

annafl likes this.
  2. Native son

Native son Well-Known Member

Nice Tim, my son is down there fishing and filming. They said I was to old and knarley got left out. I saw the note about Sugarloaf is that a good thing? image.jpg

3. Marie Nock

Marie Nock Well-Known Member

Tim your Orange Mona Lisa is looking great! I'm posting photos of the original cuttings. The plant in Hawaii died so I'm glad we have it here. Here are photos of the original cuttings.
    DSC_0012.JPG
    DSC_0013 - Copy.JPG

annafl likes this.
  4. kwtimo

kwtimo Well-Known Member

Holy Smokes Marie! That is super orange! Is this the kind of coloration that I could hopefully expect eventually? Or were the colors so vivid due to habitat? Thank you for posting those pics.

5. palmisland

palmisland Well-Known Member

I have to move mine, way too shaded in.

6. Marie Nock

Marie Nock Well-Known Member

Tim,
    I'm not sure if it will get as deep orange as the one grown in Hawaii but I think the orange in yours will get deeper than it is. I don't know what makes the orange crotons in Hawaii so vibrant but my guess is something in the volcanic soil

7. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Beautiful, Tim! Please keep us posted on what happens with this beauty.

8. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

Ditto Ana. Good luck with your plant Tim, but I can only suspect that it will color up much,much more. Thanks Marie for getting this plant into our area. Safe for sure!