Off Topic, but interesting anyways

Bullwinkle

Esteemed Member
17/11/10
Those who live in South Florida area have gotten use to multitudes of Bufo toads and their poisonous skin.Many dogs have visited the vets after biting these creatures and going into shock.Well I have been noticing lots of dead frogs with no legs around the house recently and I finally found the a raccoon in action this morning killing the frogs and only eating the legs ,probably a French gourmet raccoon who loves frogs legs :)
.I hope it is a female and teaches its kids to do the same.It would be great to see a reduction in this invasive species around here.I am guessing that the legs carry little to no poison??I have also noticed a marked reduction in whiteflies around the area,I wonder if the natives have finally started dining on those also??

Hahahaha.... Je pense que oui!!! Oh, how interesting, Mike! That's why I embrace all the creatures in my garden (well, maybe not my tomato-loving squirrels). They all have their functions to keep things in balance.

Mike, I've also had none of the regular whiteflies whatsoever in my organic veggie garden this year nor last, and the little wasps they released have done a nice job on the spiral whitefly. Wonder if they work on all of the whiteflies? Makes sense.

I still see an occassional sri lankan beetle, but not many. Wonder what's taking care of those?

My dog must have grabbed a Buffo when he was young, because it's the only living creature he won't chase. Their poison sacks are on their back, just behind the eyes.

Funny, I was thinking the same regarding the spiral whitefly. Just about gone.

My neighbor has a 'shooting star' clerodendrum that is loaded with white fly, but there is none on the other plants that were infested last year, like banana, avocado, gumbo limbo. The clerodendrum will get the heave-ho on yard waste day.