Not often encountered ?

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
This is the not often encountered croton Nellie Halgrim. It is a green and yellow semi oak leaf shaped cultivar and having red petioles just like John Bender. :)

This was given to me by Jeff Searle as a small rooted cutting in a two inch square container. It has been nurtured along to get it to this one gallon size. Would love to get it planted in the ground but I am a bit apprehensive right now with the lack of rain situation. :(

Attachments

• Nellie Halgrim.jpg
    Nellie Halgrim.jpg
    373.4 KB · Views: 96
  • Nellie Halgrim2.jpg
    Nellie Halgrim2.jpg
    187.7 KB · Views: 93
  • Nellie Halgrim3.jpg
    Nellie Halgrim3.jpg
    242.1 KB · Views: 94
  • Nellie Halgrim4.jpg
    Nellie Halgrim4.jpg
    228.7 KB · Views: 99
Ron,

Wow, what a nicely grown croton. I would think twice about planting it, you do have a hose somewhere right?:) Get that thing in the ground, SO when the rains do finally come, it will be ready to move along. And yes, this cultivar is not seen very often.

I had to look at this one twice when I was down by Ron.It is in pluperfect condition.I agree with Jeff,get that one into the ground.It looks like our rainy season is finally getting started.

Nellie Halgrim, named after Bob Halgrim's mom, finally got in the ground about three weeks ago. Fresh soil is aiding root development and with all this rain a very nice growth spurt is happening. I will attempt to post a photo later. :p

Bren - it is a outstanding yellow and green croton that is very pretty and colors like a John Bender but with a semi-oak leaf shape in my opinion. :eek: