Next Croton Tour / Auction Rumor

The Tropical Fern & Exotic Plant Society will hold its Annual Show and Sale on March 21 - 22 at Pinecrest Gardens. This is a change of venue and an earlier date. In the past there have been many great crotons in the show as well as for sale. I would expect that to be the case this year as well.

March 21 is NFG for anything crotonic -will be in CLV judging a stamp show and freezing my posterior; CFPCAS meeting also scheduled for that date on east coast.
April 5 is Easter. April 3 is Good Friday and Passover.
April 11 would be a great date!

April 11 is fine with me,some people might be doing taxes that weekend??April 18 is great also,let some others chime in.East or West coast??

I'll be in my new place by the 25th. I'm renting a house for now. It has a yard with some shade so I'm not rushed & I can find the ideal place. The owner said no problem with pots around & there'll be a bunch. The rest will reside at Ricky's. If anyone's looking for something, now's the time!

Unfortunately, that's the only two weekends I'll be out of the country this year. Starting April 11th-19th:(. I'll be available any of the others. I understand it's impossible to find a weekend for everyone, though.

It is wide open Ana,we have no venue or date yet.April 25th works for me,it also gives my March airlayers a few more weeks to get healthy :) East or West Coast??

Ana's would be a wonderful venue. Also it would give the West Coast Croton fans a break on such a long commute. I think Ana will be hesitant because many of here crotons are relatively young. I can assure her that we really don't care. Plus I am sure her garden offers up a wide spectrum of all kinds of plants. Rarely do I visit a garden that I don't leave with new ideas.

Perhaps with a bit of convincing, we can get her to agree.

Point one - Ana, you don't have the long drive to and fro, you get to sleep in !
Point two - we would probably get Bob Alonso and Mark Hooten to attend
Point three - Ana, your car won't get dirty inside schlepping plants home, the auction plants get delivered
Point four - many folks bring a thank you cultivar to the garden tour host

Ah - any help convincing Ana ? ;)

Let us not volunteer someone else's garden.Phil had mentioned Sunken Gardens as a possible stop in November.??

Ooooh, April 25th works for me!

Ron, I'm honored that you'd think my garden would be a good venue and I'd love to.... one of these years. Right now, as you suspected I'd say, my crotons are way too small and I don't have enough rarities that would provide enough interest to other croton lovers. I'm working on it though, and would love to have everyone over to visit once I do.

If it's possible, like Bren, I'd love to have one of the meetings/auctions on the west coast this year.

Not many crotons at Sunken Gardens. It's a nice place to visit esp. if you are a member of another botanical garden. You're welcome to stop by my place anytime (I'm here).

I've heard another rumor - can't say anything more.
zipper.jpg

Ana's would be a wonderful venue. Also it would give the West Coast Croton fans a break on such a long commute. I think Ana will be hesitant because many of here crotons are relatively young. I can assure her that we really don't care. Plus I am sure her garden offers up a wide spectrum of all kinds of plants. Rarely do I visit a garden that I don't leave with new ideas.

Perhaps with a bit of convincing, we can get her to agree.

Point one - Ana, you don't have the long drive to and fro, you get to sleep in !
Point two - we would probably get Bob Alonso and Mark Hooten to attend
Point three - Ana, your car won't get dirty inside schlepping plants home, the auction plants get delivered
Point four - many folks bring a thank you cultivar to the garden tour host

Ah - any help convincing Ana ? ;)
Point five - Ana you don't have to worry about lunch we will bring it to you