new site header issues

junglegal

Esteemed Member
30/03/08
Dean, I may be in the minority but many of us use smart phones, mine being galaxy note. Since the transition, the header has become problematic with posting. It cuts off the text box & I have to toggle gingerly to type again or I cant see my text. The main header takes up a 1/4 of my screen.

Yes Bren - we are working on getting the header to look the same as the main site. It is very difficult. I am working with a guy in India, so it is going to take a little time to sort things out.

They are about 12 hours different than I am. So, he posted the modifications right after I went to bed. And as I check this out for the first time, he is going to bed. :)

So I think we are out of luck for a correction today. I also note the Search is no longer working. If anyone notices any other glitches, please let me know today.

Last edited:
Yes, no change. It think part of the droid mobile problem is the header is now static and does not move. The text box and posts roll up under it.

Thanks - no explanation as to why the iPhone handles it correctly, but yours doesn't. And it may be until after the holiday that I can get it looked at. Question? Is it a problem in both landscape and portrait? And do you know what version of An-droid you are using?

Note 3. When i tilt phone horizontally the header does not move at all to scroll. Just noticed the fonts are bleeding together too. Will try to email screen shot

Yes, no change. It think part of the droid mobile problem is the header is now static and does not move. The text box and posts roll up under it.
The floating header is just as bad on my laptop blocking 1/3 on the screen.

Hmmmm - this is what the Google Emulator shows that a Galaxy Note should be displaying of the forum reply page. Do you have any visibility or size settings set differently than the defaults? I don't know anything at all about An-droid phones.

But thanks for the screen shot - that helps a bunch.

Can anyone else add anything else as to how the site looks on their mobile????? It sure would help. And tell us the type phone/tablet.

Bren 1.png

The floating header is just as bad on my laptop blocking 1/3 on the screen.
Thanks for the info Scott. But - darn it. Here is what the screen looks like on my laptop. Can you take a screen shot? And do you know what your resolution is. And what browser are you using? Can you try another browser and see if that makes a difference? I'm assuming you are using Windows???

Screen Shot 2015-12-31 at 12.32.10 PM.png

Isnt your screen shot problematic too? Prior to switch, header didnt stay static for mobile. You went up or down to navigate headers but you didnt lose content you were replying to. Only PITA to use when there were 30 pics per page but definitely more user friendly. I just tried to edit above text but it keeps jumping under header. Hopefully others chime in.

Isnt your screen shot problematic too? Prior to switch, header didnt stay static for mobile. You went up or down to navigate headers but you didnt lose content you were replying to. Only PITA to use when there were 30 pics per page but definitely more user friendly. I just tried to edit above text but it keeps jumping under header. Hopefully others chime in.
Yes Bren - I just put a request in. You are right, it should scroll out of the way on mobile like it does for the HOME site at www.tropiscape.com

Can you check that the HOME site header works OK for you. But Scott seems to have another issue. Is anyone else experiencing a problem on their desktop or laptop.

Dean, On the HOME site the header scrolls off screen, here on the forum the page scrolls under the header.
Thanks Scott. Your laptop must be small then, or using a low resolution. Do you know your screen size and/or resolution. Do you have a larger monitor available to experiment with? To see if it is different (I'm pretty sure it will be)

And - what browser and OS are you using?

Home site is fine but just went to insert one of the smiley faces (for Moose!) And it gives me a open prompt then nothing. Will email screen shot. Minor none the less

Thanks Scott. Your laptop must be small then, or using a low resolution. Do you know your screen size and/or resolution. Do you have a larger monitor available to experiment with? To see if it is different (I'm pretty sure it will be)

And - what browser and OS are you using?
13.3 screen with 1280 x 700 resolution/ Internet Exp. Windows 8.1

Thanks for the information guys - it helps. I think I may have it fixed now - at least most of it. If you could report back again, I would appreciate it. It is now supposed to scroll off the top of the page on smaller screens, and stay as fixed navigation on larger screens.

But Scott, I can't explain your situation on your laptop. Hopefully it is working correctly now. Please let me know.

It floats on my IPad sometimes and doesn't others. Right now it has moved up and joined the top header. As soon as I posted it jumped back.

It floats on my IPad sometimes and doesn't others. Right now it has moved up and joined the top header. As soon as I posted it jumped back.
Can you tell me if it does the same in both orientations? And I am not clear exactly what you mean. What has moved up and joined the top header. Can you provide a screen shot?