1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

New plants

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by zone11dreamer, Aug 5, 2009.

Please Help Support Our Generous Sponsors

1. zone11dreamer

zone11dreamer Active Member

Hi , I just bought 3 crotons . One is called Mona Lisa , Regina , and the other is Magnificent.
    I was told to keep them in shade. Seeing that the Mona Lisa is yellow can I give it strong shifting sunlight ? How about the others ?

Also , any opinion on the growth rate? Can I expect them to end up as small tress like so many of the other crotons ?

Thanks in advance

2. zone11dreamer

zone11dreamer Active Member

Forgot to say that I am in zone 10

3. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

I would rate the Regina as a pretty fast croton, Magnificent as much slower and Mona Lisa is a very slow grower. Even though Mona Lisa has lots of yellow in it, I have found it still likes to be in a good deal of shade. You mentioned putting it in a strong shifting sunlight, I think this sounds ok, just watch it over the next several months.

Jeff

4. Crazy for Crotons

Crazy for Crotons Well-Known Member

Regina is "weed fast" in croton speak. Mona is painfully slow. Magnificent is somewhere in between.