New Digs

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by kwtimo, May 4, 2014.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. kwtimo

kwtimo Well-Known Member

I moved up to Sugarloaf recently, and had to create a new home for my babies. I had some of the material staged underneath the house and was admiring how nice all of it looked grouped together. CAM00435.jpg CAM00436.jpg CAM00438.jpg CAM00440.jpg CAM00441.jpg

2. kwtimo

kwtimo Well-Known Member

The new shade house is 16' x 24', with a 10' ceiling. I shouldn't have any problem filling this one up. CAM00446.jpg CAM00437.jpg CAM00443.jpg CAM00444.jpg

3. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Wow, Tim, you've got quite the stash there!WideEyed I see lots of things I'd love to see a closeup of and have the names for! What is that beautiful, blotched thing up front? Looks like a blotched Charmer? Lots of beauties. Why don't you show us some?Woot

4. Native son

Native son Well-Known Member

TIMO Beautiiiffulll welcome to the land of crazy croton guy. I wear the label proudly. image.jpg

kwtimo likes this.
  5. donroberth

donroberth Well-Known Member

Nice shade house and you've got a beautiful collection of Crotons to go with it...congratulations!

kwtimo likes this.
  6. palmisland

palmisland Well-Known Member

Yikes Tim, Now that's an instant croton collection.WideEyed

7. Dypsisdean

Dypsisdean Administrator Staff Member

It is so nice to see there are other plant hoarders. If you haven't seen the new American show "Hoarders," you won't understand the reference. :)

kwtimo likes this.
  8. kwtimo

kwtimo Well-Known Member

Anna, the only thing that I think that resembles a blotched chamer is a smaller croton that is Ethel Craig. The lighting in the shade house will be better for pics, I'll post more soon. Lamar, I'm just trying to keep up with you. Besides, I have to keep trying to lore some folks down here to have a look at things. Randy will be down at the end of the month.

Last edited by a moderator: May 5, 2014
  9. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Man I need a "croton house" like Tim's. Moving plants constantly to catch sun or from an area with too much sun is wearing on the back. Perfectly diffused light, you can't beat that. Headphone

10. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Oh, sorry, Tim. I've never seen an Ethel Craig with so much pink in it. But then, I've never seen an Ethel Craig! I need to pay people some visits! I need to see more crotons and start developing my croton eye more.

Hey, Tim, what % shade cloth did you use?

11. kwtimo

kwtimo Well-Known Member

Anna, I probably would have thought it was something like Charmer too if I had never seen it before. There wasn't much to go by in the picture. Your croton eye is excellent. Due to ppoor planing and my immediate need for shade cloth,I had to settle for what was available at my local HD store. The packaging was indescript so I don't know what % I'm getting. It seems to be doing the trick though.

12. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

Glad to hear things are moving along smoothly. The little shade house looks great! Unfortunately, you'll probably fill it right up and have to add on. Can't wait to come by for a visit next time Andrea and I are passing through.