NEED SOME HELP WITH 3 “NOIDs”…UNKNOWN CROTONS FOR ME

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by donroberth, May 24, 2014.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. donroberth

donroberth Well-Known Member

FOTOS 01, 02, 03 AND 04: Perhaps YELLOW DUKE OF WINDSOR aka MARIGOLD or other…any suggestions? :confused:

Attached Files:

2. donroberth

FOTOS 05, 06, 07, and 08: I ran into this garden in an ATENAS, C.R. BOUTIQUE HOTEL purely by happenstance and found, what I thought at the time, the mother-load of INTERRUPTUM.

Photo # 5 is the only one that seems to resemble INTERRUPTUM as pictured in the WIKI. Photo #6 is predominately yellow with a wider, larger interrupted leaf that also exhibits a crimson center rib. Cultivars #7 and #8 are heavily tinted green and purple also displaying a wider, larger interrupted leaf with a random tight twist in some cases as well as crimson center rib and are planted in heavily shaded locations.

What in the world did I run into in this hotel garden?

3. donroberth

BURGUNDY for lack of a proper name. Photos 9-10-11 and 12 are located in my gardens and are what I call Mr. BURGUNDY.

Please help me put names on any or all of the aforementioned CROTONS. :confused:

Attached Files:

4. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Esteemed Member

Mr. Burgundy looks a lot like my Charles Rutherford

5. donroberth

NOTE: THE 15 MINUTES "EDIT" TIME RAN OUT WHEN I WAS TRYING TO ROTATE A FOTO FOR THIS POST!!! WE NEED MORE TIME IN CASE WE HAVE TO EDIT A LENGTHY CORRECTION!!!
    BELOW PLEASE FIND THE NARRATIVE WITH ITS CORRESPONDING (4) FOTOS.

FOTOS 05, 06, 07, and 08: I ran into this garden in an ATENAS, C.R. BOUTIQUE HOTEL purely by happenstance and found, what I thought at the time, the mother-load of INTERRUPTUM.

Photo # 5 is the only one that seems to resemble INTERRUPTUM as pictured in the WIKI. Photo #6 is predominately yellow with a wider, larger interrupted leaf that also exhibits a crimson center rib. Cultivars #7 and #8 are heavily tinted green and purple also displaying a wider, larger interrupted leaf with a random tight twist in some cases as well as crimson center rib and are planted in heavily shaded locations.

What in the world did I run into in this hotel garden? :confused:

Attached Files:

Last edited: May 24, 2014
  6. donroberth

Thanks Bullwinkle...I went to the WIKI FOTOS and "by George, I think you've got it"! Thanks again for the I.D. Happy

7. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

Photos 5-8 l0ook a lot like what I've been calling Interuptum in my yard. Odd name since it does not interrupt that much - but it is what it is... #6 looks like it is getting a lot more light than the others which would cause the nice yellows. Mine is also cold sensitive and defoliates quite regularly around 40F when everything around it looks fine.

8. donroberth

Phil…thanks for chiming in. I was pretty sure photos 5 & 6 were INTERRUPTUM but I had my doubts about numbers 7 & 8. Thanks again... anyone else have an idea or comment about #7 & #8 please jump in.:)

9. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

I gotta lean towards Charles Rutherford on 7 & 8 Photogenic