NEED ONE I.D. & ONE CONFIRMATION PLEASE

donroberth

19/07/09
Images 01-02-03 & 04: I can’t find this recurved leaf Croton in the WIKI NAME AND IMAGE LIST… to me, this cultivar very much resembles Volutum aka Rams Horn except its coloration and the leaves do not manifest small scoops.

The ones I have run into here in Costa Rica have reddish-orange colored leaves and the edges dark red or black as well as reddish to burgundy colored petioles when mature. Also, its leaves develop small indentations much like the inside of a pea pod with the peas removed… how’s that for a description??? :rolleyes:

Images 05-06-07 & 08: Would this be Green and Gold? I located a very handsome one in San Mateo about 45 minutes inland from Jaco Beach on the Pacific Coast and have a couple of nice images for sharing but I would like to confirm the name before posting them. :)

Attachments

• 01 NOID - RECURVED TYPE CULTIVAR FOUND IN OROTINA.JPG
    01 NOID - RECURVED TYPE CULTIVAR FOUND IN OROTINA.JPG
    409.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 02 NOID - RECURVED TYPE CULTIVAR FOUND IN OROTINA.JPG
    02 NOID - RECURVED TYPE CULTIVAR FOUND IN OROTINA.JPG
    364.5 KB · Views: 179
  • 03 NOID - RECURVED TYPE CULTIVAR IN ROBERTICO'S GARDEN.JPG
    03 NOID - RECURVED TYPE CULTIVAR IN ROBERTICO'S GARDEN.JPG
    313.4 KB · Views: 183
  • 04 NOID - RECURVED TYPE CULTIVAR IN ROBERTICO'S GARDEN.JPG
    04 NOID - RECURVED TYPE CULTIVAR IN ROBERTICO'S GARDEN.JPG
    385.4 KB · Views: 175
  • 05 REQUEST CONFIRMATION - WOULD THIS BE GREEN AND GOLD.JPG
    05 REQUEST CONFIRMATION - WOULD THIS BE GREEN AND GOLD.JPG
    311.8 KB · Views: 162
  • 06 REQUEST CONFIRMATION - WOULD THIS BE GREEN AND GOLD.JPG
    06 REQUEST CONFIRMATION - WOULD THIS BE GREEN AND GOLD.JPG
    180.7 KB · Views: 167
  • 07 REQUEST CONFIRMATION - WOULD THIS BE GREEN AND GOLD.JPG
    07 REQUEST CONFIRMATION - WOULD THIS BE GREEN AND GOLD.JPG
    256.7 KB · Views: 162
  • 08 REQUEST CONFIRMATION - WOULD THIS BE GREEN AND GOLD.JPG
    08 REQUEST CONFIRMATION - WOULD THIS BE GREEN AND GOLD.JPG
    306 KB · Views: 177
Robertico, I think your first plant is Recurvifolium rather than Rams Horn. The second one looks like Green and Gold to me.

Robertico, I think the second plant is a beautiful example of green and gold! The first one I'm not familiar with. Marie, the wiki photo of Randy's plant of Recurvifolium looks quite different. Is Randy's plant a true Recurvifolium or is that placed in a wrong spot? What is Randy's plant? Robertico, thanks for starting this discussion. Anyone?

Hi Marie, thanks for your I.D. RE: Recurvifolium and the confirmation of Green and Gold that I submitted… Anna, I’m attaching an improved pic of photo #4 in a vertical format where you can get a better overall view of the plant and the evolution of its leaves also, thx for confirming Green and Gold… fawnridge, thx for the confirmation of Recurvifolium and sorry for the fate that yours met.

Myself, I like this cultivar and have two in my garden. Thanks again everyone! :)

Attachments

• RECURVIFOLIUM IN ROBERTICOS GARDEN.jpg
    RECURVIFOLIUM IN ROBERTICOS GARDEN.jpg
    278.8 KB · Views: 160
Marie, the wiki photo of Randy's plant of Recurvifolium looks quite different. Is Randy's plant a true Recurvifolium or is that placed in a wrong spot? What is Randy's plant? Robertico, thanks for starting this discussion. Anyone?

Ana, I would recommend that pictures of Roberto's plant be placed in the wiki alongside Randy's. I'm used to seeing more of a recurved leaf than Randy's show so it would be good to have both examples. My plant is blacked out at the moment so I can't really submit a photo of it as a good example.