Name Labels

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by ScotTi, May 27, 2013.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

I am going to get serious with my name tags for my Crotons. I have used the plastic ones found in the garden centers in the past. Problem is that I can only read them for a year or two. I am going to go with aluminum (1"x 3 3/8") with paper core easy to write on with pen or stylus. Any thoughts? What do you use ? I just can not remember all the names as I have over 100 Ti plants to keep track of the names also.
    IMG_1726.jpg alum$(KGrHqJ,!rYFGWK9J3OmBRnlfC0W,w~~60_3.JPG

2. waykoolplantz

waykoolplantz Active Member

We use the Dymo metal embosser with aluminum spools. Between palms, crotons and bamboos labels and a database the only way to keep it together.

Getting the names right...now that's a different story.

3. palmisland

palmisland Well-Known Member

I've been using the Impresso Tags you show in the right photo although the thin wire ties that come with them suck. Use a better quality wire & these will last for years.

4. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

I read the reviews on the wire ties when I ordered the tags and everyone shared your thought. I have a roll of elec. fencing wire that I plan on using if it fits thru the holes.

5. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Not cheap but well worth it IMO. Much tougher than the write on aluminium tags. :)