1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

Mrs. WF Dreer

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by fawnridge, Dec 20, 2010.

Please Help Support Our Generous Sponsors

1. fawnridge

fawnridge Well-Known Member

First picture is in deep shade all day long. Second is in full afternoon sun. Both look slightly different then the other shot from my garden that's in the wiki. All of them came from the same cutting over 6 years ago. This was the Croton that David McLean was calling "Zadroga" after the customer who's backyard he found it growing in.

Attached Files:

2. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

That's the best ID I've had on this one - probably came from his church garden. Plant is near full sun, slow grower, an air layer every other year at best.
    Pics taken tonight with flash under full moon.

Attached Files:

3. palmisland

palmisland Well-Known Member

This is a cutting from Rickys plant, powering along nicely:D The 2nd photo is not mine, but I believe it is a Dreer also.

Attached Files:

4. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

You don't see this cultivar very often. Why are the real pretty cultivars often slow. :rolleyes: I think there needs to be one in the Moose Land Garden. :)

5. Crazy for Crotons

Crazy for Crotons Well-Known Member

I just gave the Glock's a big air layer of this at the July 16 meeting. More to come Ron as this plant is big, robust and begs to be air layered more often.