Mrs Thomas Edison

Jeff Searle

26/08/08
After growing this plant for over two years, and coming extreamly close to loosing it over the past two winters, it's now finally growing and looking pretty good. This variety was at one time in the garden of Robert Halgrim ( Fort Myers) and of course long gone by now and a very small piece is living (hopefully) up near Melbourne in a garden. I am hoping to get a back up plant rooted this summer. Does anyone else have this rare variety?

Sorry, I almost forgot the picture.

Attachments

• crotons virginia trip christmas2011 095.jpg
    crotons virginia trip christmas2011 095.jpg
    247.6 KB · Views: 134
Trust me my friends, in a matter of time, I will gladly release this plant via trade or sell. Like I said, it's been slow at first and I almost lost it when it was very small due to two cold winters in a row. But it picked up steam this summer, so I'm confident that I can get a cutting this summer as a backup. After that, I will release it like any other croton. The more around, the better.

Just had a look at it yesterday. There's two individual plants growing side by side. One has a couple of leaves on it, very slender stem and does not want to grow. The other is slightly larger with a few more leaves, but again just sits there. I took a cutting off of one plant two years ago and it failed to root. This is just one of those poor ass quality plants!

Just had a look at it yesterday. There's two individual plants growing side by side. One has a couple of leaves on it, very slender stem and does not want to grow. The other is slightly larger with a few more leaves, but again just sits there. I took a cutting off of one plant two years ago and it failed to root. This is just one of those poor ass quality plants!

You have a lot of patience Jeff as I would have pitched it by now. Very nice looking Croton, but if I should ever see one for sale :rolleyes: I will look away.