Mrs. Iceton

Crotonologist

12/11/10
Found this at Walmart, obviously an old stock plant as there were two old woody plants in the pot which I separated and made two nice pots out of....
I can't wait for it to grow out and really get nice ;)

BTW does anyone know when this was named 'Mrs. Iceton' and whether or not it is the same plant as 'Appleleaf'?
Is 'Appleleaf' the original name??
I've also seen a photo of one called 'Vulcan' which looks like the same plant too...

Attachments

• Mrs. Iceton 2010-11-04.jpg
    Mrs. Iceton 2010-11-04.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 116
  • Mrs. Iceton 2010-11-04b.jpg
    Mrs. Iceton 2010-11-04b.jpg
    256.9 KB · Views: 121
Appleleaf is the same cultivar. Mrs. Iceton is kind of the original name. This cultivar was developed in Belgium and the original name was "Eyeston" (sic) or something simular. I need to research to find the proper orginal spelling. Mrs. Iceton is the legitimate anglized name. It is sometimes sold commercially as "Icetone". That was the name on mine until I was corrected by our friends on this forum.

Peyton - are you having fun with the name confusion yet? :rolleyes:

Crotons are very common here but finding a named variety is a very rare happening. However the one cultivar that is commonly labelled is Mrs Iceton and even here it looks the same.
Peachy

Yeah Moose, definitely having fun - if you think croton names are confused, you haven't seen real confusion until you try sorting out Haworthia names...:D

Peachy, my daughter spent six months in Brisbane last fall at Griffith University, and now I wish I had gotten her to look for croton seeds down there...
A very beautiful area to live!

Attachments

• Mrs. Iceton 2010-11-21.jpg
    Mrs. Iceton 2010-11-21.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 131
Appleleaf is the same cultivar. Mrs. Iceton is kind of the original name. This cultivar was developed in Belgium and the original name was "Eyeston" (sic) or something simular. I need to research to find the proper orginal spelling. Mrs. Iceton is the legitimate anglized name. It is sometimes sold commercially as "Icetone". That was the name on mine until I was corrected by our friends on this forum.

Peyton - are you having fun with the name confusion yet? :rolleyes:

Also have seen it labled Icestorm