1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

Mrs. Iceton

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by Crotonologist, Nov 21, 2010.

Please Help Support Our Generous Sponsors

1. Crotonologist

Crotonologist Active Member

Found this at Walmart, obviously an old stock plant as there were two old woody plants in the pot which I separated and made two nice pots out of....
    I can't wait for it to grow out and really get nice ;)

BTW does anyone know when this was named 'Mrs. Iceton' and whether or not it is the same plant as 'Appleleaf'?
    Is 'Appleleaf' the original name??
    I've also seen a photo of one called 'Vulcan' which looks like the same plant too...

Attached Files:

2. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Appleleaf is the same cultivar. Mrs. Iceton is kind of the original name. This cultivar was developed in Belgium and the original name was "Eyeston" (sic) or something simular. I need to research to find the proper orginal spelling. Mrs. Iceton is the legitimate anglized name. It is sometimes sold commercially as "Icetone". That was the name on mine until I was corrected by our friends on this forum.

Peyton - are you having fun with the name confusion yet? :rolleyes:

3. Peachy

Peachy Active Member

Crotons are very common here but finding a named variety is a very rare happening. However the one cultivar that is commonly labelled is Mrs Iceton and even here it looks the same.
    Peachy

4. Crotonologist

Crotonologist Active Member

Yeah Moose, definitely having fun - if you think croton names are confused, you haven't seen real confusion until you try sorting out Haworthia names...:D

Peachy, my daughter spent six months in Brisbane last fall at Griffith University, and now I wish I had gotten her to look for croton seeds down there...
    A very beautiful area to live!

Attached Files:

5. Crazy for Crotons

Crazy for Crotons Well-Known Member

It also goes by the name Imperialis.

6. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Also have seen it labled Icestorm