Morado

ScotTi

Esteemed Member
16/04/08
Morado is a mini type Ti, having great purple color on 6" x 1.5" leaves.
pizap.com14282501671631.jpg
pizap.com14282503213461.jpg
pizap.com14282504344521.jpg

Dean, I am going to watch this one close this summer. This plant comes from Cuba and when it was given to me this week , Morado (purple) is what my friend called it. I was thinking it was Mini Purple Prince until I checked photos of MPP and the older leaves have green, the older leaves go dark purple black on this one.

I couldn't tell from your pics, but the leaf shape seemed a bit different than a Purple Prince. But I don't think I have a Mini, and it was hard to get scale without seeing the whole plant compared to something.

I hope this one does well for you and has vigor. The Purple Prince types I have seem to go downhill quickly and never seem to look that good.
Ken, I have learned that Purple Prince needs no direct sun on its leaves. Bright light conditions are the key.
pizap.com14283572307331.jpg

Welcome Rob! Yes the light purple colored Ti are gorgeous, but I have found it hard to keep them looking good. I have had Purple Prince around 4 years now and I think I have finally found the conditions that make it a happy Ti. I have a few other purple Ti that I am still trying to figure what light conditions they want.