Mislabeling

Pix

08/04/14
I bought something very small in Wal-Mart from the “Exotic Angels plants”. Sure enough their “Bush On Fire” looks exactly like my “Red Batik” from the Lowe’s last year… I haven’t check the synonyms yet (they may be the same plant) but there are (in Wal-Mart) plenty of “Yellow Iceton” for sale from the “Exotic Angels plants”. These plants (and I love them!) are really Gold Dust Narrow Leaf, or Punctatum, or Pinctum …whatever… but NOT the YELLOW ICETON! How come they can get away with this??

From what I read on the web about this company, they are famous for mislabeling. I think it is where the Croton Society activity has to start… if there were the Croton Society…

These people are probably targeting the clueless people. They sell tiny Petras and Mameys the same way … This reminds me a Russian joke about a man walking the street market with a bear on the chain and looking for a vendor who sold him a hamster one year ago !!!!!

Last edited:
Pix, I believe the Exotic Angel people just stick the name tags they happen to have in their hands in the pots at times. But the Bush on Fire is another name for Batik. Do you have a Yellow Iceton?

No, I do not have the Yellow Iceton. I didn’t know that I am collecting… I didn’t know that I gardening...I thought I am just fixing the old landscaping a little bit…How did this happen to me??:(

No, I do not have the Yellow Iceton. I didn’t know that I am collecting… I didn’t know that I gardening...I thought I am just fixing the old landscaping a little bit…How did this happen to me??:(

Pix - There are 12 step programs that may help. However, it may be best for you to admit that you have been bitten by "the infamous croton bug". Wacky

CrotonRawBugFinal.jpg

Thank you, Moose :) I admit. Where can I find 12 steps program? I didn't find the "crotons.org" but I found the "crotons.net":)

Pix - glad you found a Yellow Mrs Iceton you've been looking for. Here are a couple shots of the one growing here. Strangely, they have a very pale pink flushing on the leaves, its never done that before. BlackAlien
Yellow Mrs Iceton 1.JPG
Yellow Mrs Iceton 2.JPG

Attachments

• Yellow Mrs Iceton 1.JPG
    Yellow Mrs Iceton 1.JPG
    220.5 KB · Views: 49
  • Yellow Mrs Iceton 2.JPG
    Yellow Mrs Iceton 2.JPG
    218.4 KB · Views: 53
And here are some nice pastel pinks you will get if you plant your Mrs Iceton in a nice shady area, no afternoon sun.

Mrs Iceton.JPG

Attachments

• Mrs Iceton.JPG
    Mrs Iceton.JPG
    263.6 KB · Views: 43
These are pretty. I love this croton. I have one in the shade and one in the sunny location but no afternoon sun. I put my new Yellow Iceton nearby :)