Mike Fascell ?

Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
Mike Fascell MN 1.JPG
Mike Fascell MN 2.JPG
Mike Fascell MN 3.JPG
Mike Fascell MN 4.JPG
Here is the Mike Fascell that I got from Marie Nock. :)

Last edited:
Mike Fascell FB 1.JPG
Mike Fascell FB 2.JPG
Mike Fascell FB 3.JPG
Mike Fascell FB 4.JPG
Mike Fascell FB 5.JPG
Mike Fascell FB 6.JPG
And this is what grew out of a cutting from Dr. Frank Brown's garden. Later ID'd by Keith as Mike Fascell. Both plants seem to be the same cultivar - showing lots of nice coloration.

Last edited:
I think there is a little difference from the one I bought. :confused: Huh, Not even close.

Attachments

• DSC_0043.jpg
    DSC_0043.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 68
  • DSC_0041.jpg
    DSC_0041.jpg
    130.4 KB · Views: 74
Now to my point. Judy got a Mike Fascell at Jeff's sale. It don't look anything (although it is a very pretty croton) like the two plants that I have as Mike Fascell as seen in the twp previous posts. I told Jeff that my "Mike Fascells" had a different leaf shape and had orange coloration. What Jeff has as a Mike Fascell came from a garden that Bob Alonso had ID'd. Could be a tag got switched or just another interesting croton world caper.

Perhaps Judy could post a photo of her plant for comparison purposes. :)

I can see were talking about two different plants. The only thing I can say is, it did come out of the Pinecrest Garden and was tagged as a Mike Fascell. Before I came across this variety, I never heard of it. SOOOOOO, once again, if we could ever get Bob Alonzo involved, it might clear this up, once in for all.

...and the first pictured Mike Fascells bear a very strong resemblance to Corn Bread - long petioles, identical leaf shape, very similar coloring. lpots of space between leaves...