Meeting on 5-Dec

Phil Stager

Esteemed Member
04/07/09
Here's a few rooftop shots of the garden to interest you.

But more importantly, here's the driving directions:

From the South:
I-75 to I-275 and across the Sunshine Skyway Bridge ($1.00 toll)
Exit at New Exit 17 (old Exit4). it is a left lane only exit.
Turn left at the traffic light onto the Pinellas Bayway aka 54th Ave.,S.
Proceed west on the Bayway about 600 ft and turn right onto 41st St, S.
(look for Maximo Moorings entry; if you come to tolls booths, you've gone too far, so make a U-turn and try again)
Proceed north on 41st St, S about 700 ft and turn left into 51st Ave, S.
4184 is the fifth house on the LH side. Park on the street and not on the lawns - it is illegal and most overwater so you'll sink upto your axles.

From the North:
I-275 south and exit at Exit 17 (old Exit 4); use the 54th Ave.,S part of the exit and NOT the Pinellas Bayway part to the right.
Turn right at the end of the exit. Proceed through the traffic light and proceed west on 54th Ave,S/Pinellas Bayway to Maximo Moorings.
Turn right on 41st St, S. follow directions above.

Please RSVP so we have enough food, drinks, beer, cranberry juice, etc.
E-mail at pstager@tampabay.rr.com
Phone 727 864 1588

Meeting starts at 10am and we should be able to wrap it up by 1pm.

Bring some plants for the auction to benefit the Croton Society. More into to follow on some of the auction plants...

Other botanical sites in the area include Sunken Gardens and the Kopsick Palm Arboretum on the waterfront.

Attachments

• DSCN2291.jpg
    DSCN2291.jpg
    273.2 KB · Views: 140
  • DSCN2292.jpg
    DSCN2292.jpg
    303.6 KB · Views: 130
  • DSCN2293.jpg
    DSCN2293.jpg
    341.1 KB · Views: 142
  • DSCN2294.jpg
    DSCN2294.jpg
    279.4 KB · Views: 139
Phil,

I'm sorry to say, but I won't be able to make the drive up. Were having a big Christmas party at the house later that evening. I hope lots of people show up and many pictures are taken.

Jeff

Phil,

I dropped you an email. I plan on attending. There will be two of us. I will be joining the scoiety and hope to pick up Dr. Brown's book.

Thanks

Got your e-mail. Weather is forecast to be cool and sunny. No guarantee that the Chambeyronia will still be flaming though....

Attachments

• DSCN2344.jpg
    DSCN2344.jpg
    267.4 KB · Views: 132
I am really bummed that I can't go - esp. after all the wonderful things I've heard about your collection, Phil. I had looked forward to it so much.

Have been sick since mid-October, and it keeps coming back, so I doubt I'll be over it by the weekend. Stinks :(

Sorry Phil, I will not be attending although I had planned to. I got the Central Palm and Cycad Society's Holiday meeting the following weekend. Two trips to the west coast on succesive weekends is too much. I look forward to seeing photos of your fantastic garden being posted! :)

Sihara - get well soon !
Moose - see you at the palm meeting at Faith Bishock's.

Lastest Wx report is for 40% chance of rain on Sat; the frontal system is taking its time getting here. If the day is not a total washout, we should have the following at auction plus others:
W.C. Wallace - big 3 gal
'Mini Fish Bone" - big 3 gal
Dayspring - 3 gal
Fishbone - 1 gal
Baron LeCompte - 1 gal
Dr. Tang - 1 gal
C.I.Cragin (?) - 1 gal

Meeting on 5-Dec - CANCELLED

The meeting scheduled for this Saturday, 5-December, is CANCELLED.
The forecast is for cool, cloudy, and rain, rain, rain...

We will reschedule for early 2010.