Marcus Garden Tour

Discussion in 'WIKI ARTICLE DISCUSSIONS' started by Dypsisdean, Oct 6, 2009.

1. Dypsisdean

Dypsisdean Administrator Staff Member

Discussion thread for MARCUS GARDEN TOUR. If you would like to add a comment, click the Post Reply button.

2. Dypsisdean

Thanks for watching our tour of Jeff and Suchin's garden. We hope you enjoyed and learned a few things. Feel free to ask us any questions, or to provide us with any feedback or suggestions here. Parts 3-5 should be up in a week or two. Jeff and I are over two hours apart, so its just a logistic thing of when we can get back together for a few hours. The photos are already taken.

In addition, I will be doing one of the 3D Virtual Panoramas soon of the entire garden. This will complete the experience, and give the viewer a real feel of being in the garden - something that "flat" photos will never do.

3. MattyB

MattyB Moderator

Excellent!!! I just figured out what an unknown palm is that is growing at HTBG. It's Hydrastele rheophytica and appears in part II at about 14:00 left on the timer. I've emailed Sean Callahan, Horticulturalist & Garden Manager @ HTBG to give him the I.D. on his unknown plant. I've attached a couple of pics of the plant from HTBG for reference. He got it from Marcus as D. rivularis which it obviously isn't. But the water lover aspect is right on. I love closing loose ends.

Attached Files:

4. Dypsisdean

Good Job Matty,

I hope you told Sean about Palmpedia. One of these days, when I get more Palmoramas under my belt, I was going to see if they would like a Palmorama of their place. It would make an excellent subject.

I met Sean once on my first exploratory trip over here about 7 years ago. He was a friendly helpful guy, so it's good to know he is still there. Time sure does fly when having fun.

5. selldirt

selldirt Member

I just wanted to say thanks to you and the Marcus' for taking the time and effort to put such an awesome piece together. I bought a ton of palms from Jeff some 7-8 years ago and am now enjoying watching them grow in the yard. Great stuff. Thanks

6. Dypsisdean

Thanks a lot Guys,

I'm also looking forward to the next three parts. I have been learning quite a bit along with everyone else.

7. MattyB

MattyB Moderator

DeanO,
    I sent him the link to Palmpedia and the garden tour in my email so he could check it out for himself.

8. Ntheastpalms

Ntheastpalms Member

Hi Dean
    What an amazing slide show!! thanks for all the effort you and Jeff put into it. I cant wait for the next installments.

9. Dypsisdean

Thanks Matt,

It looks like Jeff wants to get together within the next week or two. I can't wait to get a name to a lot of these pics I took as well. Keep checking back.