Magnificent added to the wiki

http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/index.php/MAGNIFICENT
I read a comment somewhere by Johnny Shelton who said that this plant is a sport of Bravo...
Any other info out there on this variety?

BTW I moved the page from Magnificent* to Magnificent to get rid of the asterisk...
am I supposed to do anything else, like delete the old page???

Nope, that's all you need to do. Thanks for making the effort to give it a try. Tell the others it's not that hard.

BTW - great photos too. Gives me a real idea of how nice a plant that is.

Peyton, That is a really nice Magnificent you have growing.
My inground grown plant shows white colors. Is it normal for the older leaf colors to have white ? Not the best pic here...​

Attachments

• 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 84
Scott, I really don't know, mine seems to have a small amount of white but not as much as your plant shows.
My guess is that it may have something to do with light levels?
Mine is grown in nearly full sun...
A clearer photo of your plant would be good for the wiki.

Thanks Dean, and yes it is pretty easy to add to the wiki - I would be glad to help anyone who needs help learning how to do it...

You're welcome, Bren!
I'll add some fresh outdoor photos soon...

Magnificent with lots of white, growing in filtered light.

Attachments

• 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    150.3 KB · Views: 75
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    133 KB · Views: 78
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 85
Here is another Magnificent that lacks the bright pink color and has no whites. This one also grows in filtered light conditions.

Attachments

• 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    143.9 KB · Views: 74
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 70
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 81
I kind of like the white - the few I have seen for sale here look more like your second plant without the white...
Here's my same plant (from my indoor photos) taken yesterday - it had been in full sun until about two weeks ago when I moved it near some sagos for a little bit of shade...

Magnificent 2011-07-08.jpgMagnificent 2011-07-08b.jpgMagnificent 2011-07-08c.jpg

http://www.palmpedia.net/wiki/index.php/MAGNIFICENT
I read a comment somewhere by Johnny Shelton who said that this plant is a sport of Bravo...
Any other info out there on this variety?

BTW I moved the page from Magnificent* to Magnificent to get rid of the asterisk...
am I supposed to do anything else, like delete the old page???

Not so sure that this is a sport from a Bravo, I never heard of that. What I do know is, Frank Brown told me he found it growing in Indonesia in sombody's garden growing. Frank named it Magnificent after that. Next time I speak w/ him, I'll ask him about the sport thing.

Jeff

This one gets more white per week now.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    142.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    118.7 KB · Views: 63