Madam Butterfly

annafl

Esteemed Member
I'd like to try to give a real effort to get the crotonpedia going. I am open to researching any cultivar, just thought I'd try to get things started with a Coppinger hybrid to try to draw in any info Chris might know. Many of us have this cultivar, so maybe some of us know tidbits about it? Anyone have any info about MB?

Anna, I can't tell you much about it. It seems pretty slow and for me it tends to lose leaves but still remains fairly attractive. I got Mine at Rick lietners from Keith a couple of years ago and it's still in a pot and in need of repotting. Oh and its never flowered for me so I can't tell you anything about its breeding potential. Wish I could tell you more. Chris

Anna, I know very little about Madam Butterfly :( I had one growing in my garden for a few weeks but the Winter of 2009-10 took her out. I was told that The Moth is a sport from Madam Butterfly.

Thanks for giving this a go Anna. Remember, the important thing is just to get some info up. It can always be edited or added to later. Just getting some text up on these pages may show others how easy it is to add a sentence or two on their own - so hopefully it doesn't have to be just you who does all the editing.

Remember, anyone who is registered for the wiki can add/edit to these pages. It is designed to be a group effort. Just adding text is as easy as making a post in the Forum.

:pAnna, this has been a very good, and hardy grower for me. It does lose color with age but always seems to fire out a few beauties along the way. I also believe that Daybreak is a sport from M.B.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    306.8 KB · Views: 68
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    280.9 KB · Views: 64
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    270.6 KB · Views: 73
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg