1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

Lost colors in Crotons

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by ScotTi, Nov 15, 2009.

Please Help Support Our Generous Sponsors

1. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

I purchased a Dreadlocks Croton a few months ago at Lowes on the markdown rack. The plant was a 3gal size with only a few leaves for $1.50. The plant has pushed lots of new leaves and is now a full bushy plant again. This plant is planted inground and in 5 hrs direct sun. Problem is all leaves are green with a few yellow blotches on a few leaves. How long will it take for this plant to regain its colors?

2. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Mine is doing the same thing. IMO the longer it takes to color up, the more vibrant the colors. If they colored up real quick, the color may have gotten bleached out. 5 hours of direct sun sounds sufficient to me. I think on another thread it was mentioned that this cultivar is moderate to slowish in growth. Perhaps patience is in order here Scott. ;)

Sorry about the picture aspects, very shadowy. You can see I am experiencing the same situation - if you click on the pictures and see the blown up view. ;)

Attached Files:

3. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Ron, Here are pictures of my out of color Dreadlocks. It looks like the dreadlocks are gone also.

Attached Files:

4. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Oh my! Might be the reason it was on the markdown rack. Give it time. By next June is should look like dreadlocks again or it may remain morphed into what you got now? :confused:

5. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

I agree, with full day sun, they should have plenty of good color and long leaves by next summer.

6. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

Here is a update on my Dreadlocks with the lost colors.

Attached Files:

• 022.jpg
      022.jpg
      File size:
      237.9 KB
      Views:
  7. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

Looks nice and healthy from the pics. Wait until autumn for the yellows to turn into orange and reds.

8. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

I agree with Phil and wait to see if it colors up. It looks kind of interesting the way it is IMO. You can always find another Dreadlocks. :)