143.5 KB · Views: 111
  • IMG_1075.JPG
    IMG_1075.JPG
    114.5 KB · Views: 116
  • IMG_1073.jpg
    IMG_1073.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 139
you will not get any help on ids
I have only been on this site for a short time and have received great help and knowledge as my new intrest for crotons grows. I have also realized that the old crotons of yesteryear are not gone but you have to look, search,and trade to find oldschool varietys. my thirst for knowledge to know identify how to cultivate crotons cannot be quenched so i exhaust all resources for answers join many clubs or groups and get as much info as I can on this never ending cultivar. after looking at crotonmanias site and joining their foroum, I was told in a pm that I made a bad choice joining that site....I can give a rats ass about all you personal bickering you guys all sound like my 17 year old and her friends get over the drama and bullshit . I can learn and gain knowledge in alot of other places than this soap opera so bills I see you are a member of another society so you are on the ignore list from palmpedia..... good luck my friend

Mod Note:
Sick,
Your salty response really doesn't add anything to this thread, it's off topic matter a fact. Bills asked for IDs and you go off on a diatribe about this site. Bills is not on any ignore list as Ricky, Scott and Croton girl has proved. Please stop stirring the pot.
Thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm not certain that #1 is a Croton. If it is and maintains those colors as it grows, I would say you've found one of the most beautiful orange seedlings I've ever seen. Poke around your garden and find a spot on the south side that gets shade at noon, plenty of irrigation with positive drainage. Put that one in the ground and let it rip.

#2 has at least four different leaves in terms of color patterns and shapes. Grow it out and see what the next generation looks like.

#3 - need to see more of the mother plant. I detect one leaf that looks like Piecrust, but only one.

If you look closely at the leaf pattern in the first picture, it resembles the markings of a Baron Le Compte. The leaf color is unusual and may be a result of light conditions if that's what it is. Was the whole plant the orangey color or just this branch? My Baron Le Comptes are green/red or black/red. Just a possibility.

It might very well be. I've never seen one, but your colors do match and the leaf shape matches some of the ones in the photo. Either way, I'd love some cuttings when it warms up. Take a look at my garden and tell me what you'd like in trade. I run a mistbed from March through September and can start almost 100 plants at one shot.

Everything I grow is for trade or giveaway unless it goes in the ground in the garden.

Personally, I'm not sure on this one. I do know that I have seen Flamingo with a dull, uneventfull look to them at certain times ( as in the first pic. ) , probablly due to a lack of fertilizer and TLC. What you see in Mr. Glock's post is an excellent form and full of color. But then again, everything looks great at this location.
Jeff