Looking for a Phoenix Arizona palm hobbist

ScotTi

Esteemed Member
16/04/08
If you live in Phoenix or near Phoenix, and would like to trial a ButiaXSyagrus in ground let me know. You will need to keep a update on the results of this hybrid with pictures. The palm pictured is ready for a home in the Phoenix area. Cost to you is nothing but your time and care of this hybrid.

Attachments

• IMG_1531.jpg
    IMG_1531.jpg
    369.2 KB · Views: 238
I wish I knew a palm grower in that area. That's a generous offer. However, I dont' even know a palm grower in Arizona, but there has to be some. I'll be keeping my ears open.

If you live in Phoenix or near Phoenix, and would like to trial a ButiaXSyagrus in ground let me know. You will need to keep a update on the results of this hybrid with pictures. The palm pictured is ready for a home in the Phoenix area. Cost to you is nothing but your time and care of this hybrid.

Last call on this free palm. Offer ends 6/01/10.

On the way to the Phoenix... Chris78 takes the offer.

Attachments

• 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    130.6 KB · Views: 227
On the way to the Phoenix... Chris78 takes the offer.

Hi Scott Mcintosh

An update on the palms you sent.... They are both doing very well and been in full sun all summer (2011). In the summer of 2010 they were in shade and did ok... when put into full sun they both took off. They are fast growing and has not burn at all in the sun :cool:. So they can take full Arizona without a problem.

As for cold they only have taken mid 20's. The largest palm is in a 15 gal pot and the smaller was in a 5 most of this summer but now in a 15 gal pot too....

Do you have any photos of the one in Arizona? I am glad to here they are doing well. We sent 100 mule palm seedlings as well as a bunch of seeds out to Treeland Nurseries, Inc. in Mesa Arizona. They will be happy to here the larger ones are doing well.

I agree, pictures are a must !!! :D You gotta love stories like this. :cool:

Do you have any photos of the one in Arizona? I am glad to here they are doing well. We sent 100 mule palm seedlings as well as a bunch of seeds out to Treeland Nurseries, Inc. in Mesa Arizona. They will be happy to here the larger ones are doing well.

here are photos of the palms in 15 gal. on June 2012...
Chris, Here are the pics you posted on the Palmtalk. Looking good there in Phoenix:cool: Thanks.

Attachments

• Picture 001.jpg
    Picture 001.jpg
    184 KB · Views: 176
  • Picture 002.jpg
    Picture 002.jpg
    176.5 KB · Views: 168
  • Picture 003.jpg
    Picture 003.jpg
    183 KB · Views: 170
Thanks Scott.... I have to learn to post pictures on this site....

I will keep you updated when I plant them out.... I think this hybrid will do great in the Arizona desert....