1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

liquid fertilizer

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by Borgy230, Jul 28, 2010.

Please Help Support Our Generous Sponsors

1. Borgy230

Borgy230 Active Member

Just wondering who here is using the liquid fertilizer? I know we have discussed it before.
    After hearing from the Glocks, I use the Azalia liquid fertilzer, i absolutely notice a huge difference in the color and size of my crotons, and the speed they grow.

Never have I seen such vibrant colors, and the size of the leafs are amazing! my Pinoccio looks like the size of my hand!

2. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Rob - I do the same. I sometimes switch to 20-20-20 every 2nd or third feeding. At times my big box store does not have the Azalia (for acid loving plants) soluble fertilizer available. I need to find a source that sells in 25 lbs. bags. Orchids love it as well. For granular fertilizer I use 7-4-5 for acid loving plants from AFEC. It has milorginite as the main source for nitrogen and can have be a bit of an odor for a week or two. Dogs are sometimes attracted to that odor and may dig I have experienced.