Join an artist and his backyard on their journey into exotica....

Chic-E-Tiki

18/10/11
Hello Palmpedia travelers!

Your long journey is finally complete. It is agreeable to see you arrive in such good health and high spirits. The wonders that await you are of untold splendor and magnitude. I hope your stay here is a pleasant one. You, and your party are welcome to rest at my home before you embark on your exploration of the Island. For your safety please stick to the path, and try not to startle the locals as they have a nasty reputation for collecting tributes.

1769563799_c6932fe2bd_b.jpg

OK :rolleyes:

Hello Palmpedia travelers!

Your long journey is finally complete. It is agreeable to see you arrive in such good health and high spirits. The wonders that await you are of untold splendor and magnitude. I hope your stay here is a pleasant one. You, and your party are welcome to rest at my home before you embark on your exploration of the Island. For your safety please stick to the path, and try not to startle the locals as they have a nasty reputation for collecting tributes.

View attachment 9829

Hello again,

My name is Breece Ward I'm a sculptor and molder from southern California. I've been working on my craft since 2005, and was initially inspired by taking a college ceramic class. Since then I've been gradually learning different materials, techniques, and recently what to plant in them.

chic-e-tiki

Kambootian & Mighty Jebus with a young rhapis palm

DSCN2047.jpg

They are nice, really nice. As someone who always failed at mouldmaking, I appreciate the skill involved at all stages of production. Pouring, casting, firing, glazing etc, never a problem...but getting a mould that didnt stick everywhere was impossible.
Peachy

Thank you. I've made every mistake possible along the way. Sometimes you have no choice but to get back on the tiki. Oh, and I did add my moai fountain on the classifieds Dypsisdean. Thanks for the suggestion.

How many palms in this video?
[video]http://www.tikicoast.com/chicetiki.html[/video]

Played fine for me. Jeff and his computer are a bit challenged. :)

I didn't count cuz I was listening to the music and wondering if you have ever shipped anything to Hawaii? And where did you get the music? Do you know if I could use it without royalties?

I'll have to see if we can work something out. I would dig having something like your tiki fountain in the garden.

I don't believe I've ever shipped anything to Hawaii Dypsisdean. I did a quick check, and it would cost about the same as the fountain I'm afraid. Perhaps I did something wrong because that sounds a bit high. If you have a chance to go on ebay, do a search for "tiki fountain" and it should be in the top few. Ebay has an auto shipping calculator that should tell you right away.

As for the music, I have to admit that I'm not entirely sure who it is. I had a friend who does video whip that up for me. I thought I remember him saying something about the 50's or 60's. Could be part of the public domain by now. I'll ask him the next time I see him for you.

6262541363_0f68edaa21_z.jpg

That's one problem with Hawaii. Anything bulky or heavy and shipping is problematic. Not to mention that things often arrive damaged. It is usually necessary to use untraditional, and slow, methods.

Hi Guys, Thanks again for looking. Just finished the new Neolithic fountain bowl 2.0. I’ll have to work on the name, but here is a little collection of photos from start to finish. Oh, and a quick video!

[video]http://www.flickr.com/photos/32122826@N03/6346565398/[/video]

6348508844_85d664eace_z.jpg

Hello again, hope everyone is enjoying the season. I’ve been wanting to get some night photos of the new design, and was finally able to this last week. It warmed up pretty good for a few days, just enough to sneak in a late season bbq/photo session. I ended up doing all three tikis with different colored lights. Hope you enjoy.

BLOGGERNIGHTCOMP.jpg

Hi guys,

Been too long. Hope everyone had a nice winter season & are gearing up for another fun spring. I’ve been very busy trying to get this latest piece done. I would have had it done earlier too, if it wasn’t for all those pesky holiday, family, & sporting events.

So, this latest design is a replacement for my previous standing fountain which wasn’t quite kosher. It had a few flaws that I wanted to fix right away while they were still fresh in my head. So voilà 3 1/2 months later we have the “That 70’s retro tiki fountain.” It’s ~33” tall, holds 5 gallons of water, has a built in filter, comes with 3 high power submersible LED lights, and comes apart in two pieces for easy shipping! It really looks fantastic at night & I’m really happy with it. Here’s a little picture from start to finish + a night time video!

THanks for looking!
B.Ward
chic-e-tiki.com

funkycollection A.jpg

vid link:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/32122826@N03/6897756460/
[video]http://www.facebook.com/ajax/flash/expand_inline.php?v=10150649239368226&target_div=uxpvd9_89&playertype=permalink&max_width=403&max_height=403&context=timelineSingle[/video]