Jamaica trip

junglegal

Esteemed Member
30/03/08
I just learned our yearly family trip in Feb will be in Montego Bay. To those of you familiar with this area, are there any botanical related day trips near by?

Bren - if you're looking for Crotons, they grow everywhere in Jamaica. Lots of other tropical plants, as well, but you have to be careful not to bring back any pests. Bring home seeds, gray wood cuttings, and bare root pieces that have been carefully washed in soapy water. There's a lot more to see, do, and especially eat while you're there. Send me an email - rickyg@fawnridge.com - and I'll give you as much info as possible. We go twice a year and will be leaving on December 5th for nine days, but rarely spend any time in Montego Bay. Mostly, we're in Negril and the rest of the time in Ocho Rios, but we always start out in Montego Bay.

Ricky, thanks for the offer! Considering my trip is far off, I will contact you when you return from your Dec trip.

Bren - if you're looking for Crotons, they grow everywhere in Jamaica. Lots of other tropical plants, as well, but you have to be careful not to bring back any pests. Bring home seeds, gray wood cuttings, and bare root pieces that have been carefully washed in soapy water. There's a lot more to see, do, and especially eat while you're there. Send me an email - rickyg@fawnridge.com - and I'll give you as much info as possible. We go twice a year and will be leaving on December 5th for nine days, but rarely spend any time in Montego Bay. Mostly, we're in Negril and the rest of the time in Ocho Rios, but we always start out in Montego Bay.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.