J. J. Glock tour

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by Native son, Nov 16, 2013.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. Native son

Native son Well-Known Member

I am having a hard time with expressing the appreciation for today's event. The garden was excellent in all aspects, huge palms beautiful croton groups perfectly manicured. Then you add the Jeff and Tim dog and pony show, let the good times roll. The group really showed our true self went it came to the food line we brought a ton of food and then tried eat it all. The variety and quality of the of the auction plants most certainly reached a new high. Thank You everyone, :cool:

2. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

Many thanks to Jim and Judy for hosting today's gala. Good food, great plants, great seeing some old and new croton heads.

3. palmisland

palmisland Well-Known Member

Thanks again Jim, Judy & everyone who made this a memorable day.:)

4. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Carpooled to the event with Mike Harris. The croton mania seems to keep growing. Smiles were everywhere on the faces that I estimated over 50.

Here is a shot of the auction plants with George Zammas' son in blue. Judy was busy helping loading crotons in her golf cart trailer - they were still coming ...

Attached Files:

5. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

I'm horrible with names - this is the best I can go L - R Mrs. (Sue?) Branch, husband Rob Branch of Sarasota, Judy Glock (background in red) heading inside to see how Brenda Schilling and Andrea Searle are progressing with the feast preparations), Georgina Binns (dressed in Black) and Mr. (Don?) Binns (light blue shirt, obscured) of Fort Myers, Mr. Cutler (Black shirt, back facing the photographer) of Fort Myers and Carol Graff of Miami.

Attached Files:

6. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

As promised Jerry Schilling brought his amazing seedlings. These are all one of a kind seedlings that Jerry attached only numbers. If you were lucky enough to prevail in the auction of these fabulous cultivars - you also won the naming rights. All these plants (as expected) went for big $$$. All the proceeds went The Little Daisy Fund.

Attached Files:

7. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Some shots of the auction plants. It was amazing the array of cultivars found. There were very few duplicates. I cannot provide names to these photos - Ana may have made a list. :eek:

Attached Files:

8. Marie Nock

Marie Nock Well-Known Member

Jim and Judy,
    Thank you so much for hosting this fabulous event! What a treat it was to finally see your Ft. Myers garden with all your beauties. It was great to talk crotons with so many people. We had not seen Bob Alonso in probably 10 years so seeing him and meeting Mark was a treat too. Thanks to everyone for bringing scrumptious dishes and rare crotons for the auction. Steve took a few photos that I'll post but my absolute favorite has nothing to do with crotons...

DSC_0453.jpg

9. Marie Nock

Marie Nock Well-Known Member

Here are the people who outbid me on all but 4 plants...

DSC_0455.jpg DSC_0458.jpg

10. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Marie - glad to hear that you at least got 4. You did way better than the Moose getting outbid. Great panoramic view of the crowd. :cool:

Here is another shot of the auction plants. To the right, Mr. Binns talking with Mr. Cutler. The camera holder is Rob Branch - snapping a bunch of shots of all the croton bling. :D

Attached Files:

11. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

The Auction in action ...

Left to Right (kinda): Jose Lopez (white shirt) of Miami, FL, Bob Alonso (blue shirt) of Fort Myers, FL, Phil Stager (white cap) St. Petersburg, FL, Lamar Sapp (Cowboy Hat) of Plantation, FL, Bob Pope (blue shirt sitting adjacent to Lamar) of Homestead, FL, Mrs. Peck Pope (standing next to hubby Bob) of Homestead, FL, Perry Edge (white cap, sitting below the Popes) of St. Petersburg, FL, Lew Berger (blue shirt, standing) of Palm Beach, Mrs. Cathy Berger (blue shirt, sitting below hubby Lew) of Palm Beach, Andrea Searle (black blouse, standing) of Southwest Ranches, FL, Jeff Searle the Auctioneer working the crowd (orange shirt from the back) of Southwest Ranches, FL, Tim O'Donnel holding the auctioning croton Picturatum (brown shirt from behind) of Key West, FL, Bruce McAlpin (white shirt, green cap, sitting) of Labelle, FL, Our host Jim Glock (grey shirt, standing) of Fort Myers, FL, Our Hostess Mrs. Judy Glock (red shirt, sitting below hubby Jim) of Fort Myers, FL, Mrs. & Mr. Rich Sherman Williams (both with red shirts) of Winter Haven, FL

Attached Files:

12. kwtimo

kwtimo Well-Known Member

A meeting of the minds at the Glock's...What do you think that Ray is debating now? CAM00060.jpg

13. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

That he wonders why he's the only one that still thinks there's two forms of Victor Lemoine. Lol.

BTW....I asked Rick L. to send me some pictures of his Rubens for comparison.

14. Crazy for Crotons

Crazy for Crotons Well-Known Member

I was telling Jeff that "Croton John Holmes" has narrow leaves at least 12 inches long.

Rick's Rubens photos are in the Wiki.

15. Bullwinkle

Bullwinkle Esteemed Member

Hey,I had a seedling that I was going to name John Holmes :) Is that name now taken :)

16. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Tim holds up the Picturatum for a photo opp. Ana (to the left in green): "get a photo for the Wiki Ron, get a photo for the Wiki!"

Attached Files:

17. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Tim still holding the Picturatum for another photo opp for the Wiki. :)

Attached Files:

18. ScotTi

ScotTi Esteemed Member

:( Sorry I missed this again. I ended up in VA, taking care of family matters. Nice to be back in FL where it still looks and feel like summer. :)

19. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Hope all is well regarding your family Scott - that is what really matters. Your Black Beauty is now at Phil's. Also your Grandma is still there too. ;)

20. palmisland

No time for witty commentaries, but I wanted to get these photos posted. Enjoy:) DSC_0007.jpg DSC_0009.jpg DSC_0004.jpg DSC_0012.jpg DSC_0010.jpg DSC_0002.jpg DSC_0008.jpg DSC_0003.jpg DSC_0011.jpg

21. palmisland

22. palmisland

23. palmisland

24. rpebinger

rpebinger Active Member

WHAT?

Attached Files:

25. palmisland

DSC_0053.jpg DSC_0056.jpg DSC_0059.jpg DSC_0054.jpg DSC_0062.jpg DSC_0057.jpg DSC_0052.jpg DSC_0055.jpg The food was delicious & there was plenty of it.:p

26. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

Hey Moose! The party is fast approaching, might want to start thinking about a hair trim? You never, never know who might be showing up this year. Hmmm.....

27. palmisland

DSC_0071.jpg DSC_0066.jpg DSC_0064.jpg DSC_0062.jpg DSC_0070.jpg DSC_0065.jpg DSC_0073.jpg DSC_0068.jpg

Some magnificent plants on the auction block.:rolleyes:

28. palmisland

DSC_0092.jpg DSC_0091.jpg DSC_0093.jpg DSC_0075.jpg DSC_0080.jpg DSC_0090.jpg DSC_0077.jpg DSC_0076.jpg DSC_0079.jpg DSC_0086.jpg Some huge dollars were flying out of Jeff's mouth as some crotons went for well over $100:eek:

29. palmisland

DSC_0097.jpg DSC_0081.jpg DSC_0100.jpg DSC_0099.jpg DSC_0103.jpg Thanks again Jim & Judy :D

30. Judy Glock

Judy Glock Active Member

Hey Randy! Thanks for all your great pics,once again! It's nice to see some people pics as well!

Thank you all for coming!
    Jim and Judy

31. palmisland

Moose is still trying for the Santa gig at the mall.;)

32. Native son

Native son Well-Known Member

:confused:
    Will we have to guess the names of the little helpers?

Attached Files:

33. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

I got the gig, practicing my lines "Ho, ho, ho ..."

34. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

35. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Due to the limit of 10 plants allowed to be entered in the auction - here are a few that did not make the final cut.

Angel Wing

Attached Files:

36. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Blotched Wooten's Beauty that needs more sun exposure

Attached Files:

37. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Claude Lorraine that should be exhiting lots of pastel pink very soon.

Attached Files:

38. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Diane - this one may be destined for the Palm Beach Zoo Project. :)

Attached Files:

39. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Herringbone

Attached Files:

40. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

Mrs Snyder Disraeli - this came from the same plant that produced the sport now known as Pam Kiefert

Attached Files: