Moose

Esteemed Member
10/09/09
... something special. ;)

Could be 1.JPG
Could be 2.JPG
Could be 3.JPG

DSCN2984.JPG
I suspect due to its age, the leaves are much more roust than a typical Mammie. Look its even flowering which may not be a frequent occurrence with this popular cultivar.

Here is a sport I have been watching at work for the last couple years. I wish I could get my hands on it. I value my job too much though.

Attachments

• croton sport.jpg
    croton sport.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 80
  • croton sport.jpg
    croton sport.jpg
    217.1 KB · Views: 61
I'm bumping this because I am wondering if its worth getting permission from one of the buildings supers to get that sport i posted. Does it look to have potential?

Bren, I have what I think is a very nice Congo air layer potted up and growing roots out the bottom. It is just waiting for you if you want it. Are you going to the sale this weekend? I will probably go unless the weather is bad. If not, please come visit my garden and get it. That way we can meet each other.

I love Congo. It gets an almost electric red. It is a beautiful, colorful, easy, vigorous cultivar.

I am not headed to the sale. Still have too many pots to plant yet & tropifloras festival is this weekend. Next week is USF. Will pay Mr. Searle a visit in spring. I am making the plantation trip though. Thank you for the kind offer! I would love to see your garden! I will contact you.