Is there a Hurricane Heading this Way?

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by Moose, Aug 28, 2015.

Banner funded expressly in recognition and support of Tropiscape.

1. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

I've heard some rumors.

What's the latest info?

Are you ready ???

2. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

Good to see you're still alive! Mike's Weather Page has more info than a sane person could use if you like lots of data, spaghetti models, etc.

3. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

Welcome back, Ron. Still too early for anyone to know where it makes landfall. It still has to skirt over/around the Dom. Republic which has some 10,000' mountains. And to a crappy little tropical storm, this is just what we need. Rip it apart! We'll know more by sat into sunday.

4. Pix

Pix Well-Known Member

Nice to see you back, Ron:)
    My laptop also died about 2 month ago :( I lost all my pictures once again:( It is like I didn't exist last 10 years.
    I go through one notebook every 2-3 years (loosing everything). Never learned the lesson. ...well, not exactly. I learned to have 2 laptops always available. One of them is Mac, which I am using now. Unfortunatelly, I cannot work on Mac: I do not want to spend a fortune on software that I am not familiar with anyway :(

Once again, nice to see you back. Stay safe there on the south.

5. Phil Stager

Phil Stager Well-Known Member

Pix -
    That's why most everyone emphasizes (but rarely does) backups. had my hard drive start to go but fortunately everything was recoverable so now I have a big backup up to the date it was replaced. memory sticks are cheaper than ever now so there's no good excuse.....

6. Dypsisdean

Dypsisdean Administrator Staff Member

Welcome Back MooseMan.

Don't know about you guys, but we have two on the way - with a couple that just missed us. Most active year since I've lived here - last 13 years.

7. annafl

annafl Esteemed Member

Nice to have you back, Ron. Oooooh, hate the thought of winds to mess up my garden. Hope it keeps going west.

8. Pix

Pix Well-Known Member

:( Some people never learn.

9. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

I'm using my son's laptop. Working lots of hours so my poor garden is starting to suffer. Got a mess of air layers to get harvested.

Just plain old stormy weather here. And a lot of much needed rain.