Is Chocolate Pudding Tree available in Hawaii?

This is another species that has been ruminating in the back of my mind, and has popped up to the surface, since I joined this forum. Chocolate Pudding Tree aka Black Sapote aka Diospyros nigra, is a type of persimmon, native to Mexico, that is supposed to have the taste and texture of chocolate pudding. Have you seen it in Hawaii? If yes, WHERE? I definitely want one of these.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diospyros_nigra

I'll tell you one thing is taste this before waste the space.This tree has more shade than anything and nothing will grow under it. I grew up with many subtropical fruits living in Miami, Fl and I still think this is a very acquired taste. I hate it

I'll tell you one thing is taste this before waste the space.This tree has more shade than anything and nothing will grow under it. I grew up with many subtropical fruits living in Miami, Fl and I still think this is a very acquired taste. I hate it
Thanks for the advice. I don't expect to ever find a fruit from one of these trees, so I doubt there will ever be a taste test. I have plenty of space, so when I find a tree, I'm gonna get one. If it doesn't taste good, oh well, I guess I'll have another ornamental. :)