interesting seedlings

kwtimo

22/05/10
I do weekly garden maintenance at a property in Shark Key, and have been watching these seedlings developing within very close proximity to an AFD#5. All four were growing within 10 feet of each other from the parent croton without any care, and not much irrigation. There are more seedlings that are present, but they do not exhibit afd seedlings 005.jpgafd seedlings 004.jpgafd seedlings 008.jpgafd seedlings 001.jpgafd seedlings 009.jpgafd seedlings 010.jpgafd seedlings 013.jpgafd seedlings 012.jpg any real color characteristics yet so I left them to develop. They haven't stressed too much from the transplant either. Should be interesting to see these develop over time. I am amazed at the diversity that can be produced from seedlings.

Very nice,let us see how they develop

I do weekly garden maintenance at a property in Shark Key, and have been watching these seedlings developing within very close proximity to an AFD#5. All four were growing within 10 feet of each other from the parent croton without any care, and not much irrigation. There are more seedlings that are present, but they do not exhibitView attachment 19014View attachment 19013View attachment 19015View attachment 19012View attachment 19016View attachment 19017View attachment 19018View attachment 19019 any real color characteristics yet so I left them to develop. They haven't stressed too much from the transplant either. Should be interesting to see these develop over time. I am amazed at the diversity that can be produced from seedlings.

I started this thread over a year ago, and thought I would post the progress of these seedlings. Some have really changed dramatically, and I am amazed at the differences in 8 inch plants to 4 ft plants in 3 gal. I will separate the posts by the individual seedlings. This one reminds me a bit of Dr. Alix. I put the original picture of the seedling to show the change, and there is also a pic of the current plant with one of the original leaves of the croton on it.
afd seedlings 008.JPG
CAM00516.jpg
CAM00517.jpg
CAM00518.jpg
CAM00520.jpg

afd seedlings 010.JPG
CAM00522.jpg
CAM00523.jpg
CAM00524.jpg
This one is not a real different or unique. I've been debating of whether to hold on to it or not. If it holds the pink coloring on the older leaves, I'll keep it going. At one point last year, I cut a good size piece of the top of and shoved it into the pot. It didn't skip a beat.

image.jpg
OK Forrest, crotons are like a box of chocolate. I can't give up on any of them they just sit over in the corner, and I keep hoping. They look good to me, some of the old varieties aren't all that great. Keep up the good work. I will post a pic .. Of my little twins same seed pod growing very nicely.
image.jpg

Gosh Tim, congrats! They all look great. I haven't had any seeds sprout and has been a few weeks... possibly the medium they're in is a little too compact, but going to give them some time.... haven't given up on them.

I started this thread over a year ago, and thought I would post the progress of these seedlings. Some have really changed dramatically, and I am amazed at the differences in 8 inch plants to 4 ft plants in 3 gal. I will separate the posts by the individual seedlings. This one reminds me a bit of Dr. Alix.

Looking good there Tim!