1. NEW BROMELIAD FORUM
    Guest - Don't miss our new forum. Perhaps you have something to add or share with us.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Check out, join, and contribute to our Facebook Page. Help get more people to the Forum. NEW TROPISCAPE FACEBOOK GROUP
    Dismiss Notice

In the Pink

Discussion in 'THE CROTON SOCIETY' started by Marie Nock, Jan 13, 2011.

Please Help Support Our Generous Sponsors

1. Marie Nock

Marie Nock Well-Known Member

Attached are photos of one of our seedlings that we're calling In the Pink's. I don't know the parents but the leaves are as broad as a Bimbo's.
    DSC_0784.jpg

DSC_0785.jpg

DSC_0786.jpg

2. Jeff Searle

Jeff Searle Well-Known Member

Marie,

That's very nice, anyone I think would be proud to claim this as one of their seedlings. Make sure you document the name and all pertinent information to go along with it. And don't forget the date, address of your home, DOB, house phone number, etc,but not your SS#.:)

3. Croton Guru

Croton Guru Banned

I agree with Searle or someone might come along and change the name to "Kona" or who knows what. :rolleyes:

4. Plant Nut

Plant Nut Active Member

Your seedling is just beautiful! How old is it? Another question, on my computer, the color shows a bright orange-red. Is it supposed to be pink or did you name it after the expression? It is so much fun watching seedlings grow, even though most don't turn out to be anything special. That certainly isn't the case here. Congratulations!

5. Marie Nock

Marie Nock Well-Known Member

It's probably 4-5 years old. I've already traded a piece to Tim Anderson so you may see it at his place too. The color is a rich deep pink - hence the name but fun because of the play on words. I think you've seen it here; I usually point it out when we're in that part of the yard.

6. Crotonologist

Crotonologist Active Member

Wow, what a great seedling!

7. Moose

Moose Esteemed Member

That is one great looking croton Marie!!! :eek: