If Not Johannis Then?

palmisland

28/03/08
These were tagged "Johannis" when I bought them a year ago. None of the leaves are interrupted & the coloring is more yellow. You can see the leaf size next to the sprinkler head. It kinda looks like a narrow leaved Eleanor Roosevelt.:confused: If not Johannis, then what?

Attachments

• DSC_0044.jpg
    DSC_0044.jpg
    174.6 KB · Views: 101
  • DSC_0043.jpg
    DSC_0043.jpg
    235 KB · Views: 92
057.jpgHi Randy, does your plant look similar to this one? i know this plant comes from Costa Rica and also i dont know the name. I had a cutting a long time ago but it never grew.

Randy, yours looks like Van Oosterezeii. No, I'm not joking. It's named after Jan Jacob van Oosterzee, a Dutch theologian and author. It's a more rare, slow growing plant that I got from Keith Hanks a few years ago.

Jose, yours looks like Yellow Johanna Coppinger or perhaps Yellow Golden Glow. Both are valid names. It would depend on how pronounced the midrib.

Ray, The one in Jose picture looks like the one Marie gave me. It has a yellow midrib, she had no name for it. sweet plant!

Is this one the same as Randy's plant? Looks like my Punctatum but leaves are longer.

Attachments

• IMG_0381.jpg
    IMG_0381.jpg
    123.2 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_0380.jpg
    IMG_0380.jpg
    128.4 KB · Views: 93
I got a similar plant from a nursery which also had it labeled as Johannis. Dr. Brown's 1st book says that Johnannis has yellow highlights ,but all of the Johannis I've ever seen has the yellow turning into ivory. To me, this looks more like the South Pacific in Dr. Brown's 2nd book

I got a similar plant from a nursery which also had it labeled as Johannis. Dr. Brown's 1st book says that Johnannis has yellow highlights ,but all of the Johannis I've ever seen has the yellow turning into ivory. To me, this looks more like the South Pacific in Dr. Brown's 2nd book

Here is an example of Johannis with some leaf close ups of older leaves turning creamy of ivory as Perry has mentioned.

Attachments

• Johannis 1.JPG
    Johannis 1.JPG
    312.6 KB · Views: 103
  • Johannis 2.JPG
    Johannis 2.JPG
    372.6 KB · Views: 106
  • Johannis 3.JPG
    Johannis 3.JPG
    342.9 KB · Views: 100
You beat me to it Ron. Here is my Johnannis in first two pics. The third pic is of Punactatum.

Attachments

• IMG_0383.jpg
    IMG_0383.jpg
    170.4 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_0382.jpg
    IMG_0382.jpg
    161.3 KB · Views: 99
  • IMG_0386.jpg
    IMG_0386.jpg
    304.2 KB · Views: 108
This is the closest thing I got that is comparable to Randy's plant. Don't know what it is, it came as an unknown from Mike Woolery (Bullwinkle). My plant's leaves do not appear to match the length of Randy's plant. :confused:

Attachments

• Unk BW 1.JPG
    Unk BW 1.JPG
    317.6 KB · Views: 71
  • Unk BW 2.JPG
    Unk BW 2.JPG
    298.1 KB · Views: 72
  • Unk BW 3.JPG
    Unk BW 3.JPG
    277.8 KB · Views: 69
This is the closest thing I got that is comparable to Randy's plant. Don't know what it is, it came as an unknown from Mike Woolery (Bullwinkle). My plant's leaves do not appear to match the length of Randy's plant. :confused:

Ron, Looks like Goldfinger.